This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Big project

edited August 2010 in Everything Else
Since before I've been participating on this forum, I've been working on a big project, and that's a full length theater show based on and in a specially built stage. I know I've linked to a few test videos over the years, but for the first time I've released on for public viewing on YouTube. Check it out:

rDK2Iyyzku0

From my blog:

A step along the way to a full length, three person theater show that takes place entirely in this one room. I've still got a long way to go, but after two years of working I had to share something!

This video is not representative of the final show, but just something I worked on for a few weeks.

You know, just a few weeks, after thinking about it for a few months, based on a few years of work that are in turn based on a few decades of ideas and practice...

Download the music here (mp3, music only released under a creative commons 3.0 license).

If you want to know how I made the video, click here.

Comments

• I knew you must have been up to something when you put that box together. You don't build a big thing like that and keep it around just to use it for a short video or two.
  • The explanation link just links back to the short blog post, and does not explain.
  • Holy shit, Luke, that's awesome.
  • Very Awesome.
  • Damn that's cool. Nice use of autotune in the song, too.
  • Damn that's cool. Nice use of autotune in the song, too.
    No, I really can sing that high and in tune.
  • That's pretty damned awesome. Good job. One question though, by what factor is the video sped up? And how many takes did that ... take?
  • The explanation link just links back to the short blog post, and does not explain.
    I believe that is the point, considering the main lyric of the song is "figure it out for yourself."
  • Wow, Luke, that's amazing! And even more impressive, considering you sang (and wrote?) that song yourself. Congratulations on finishing it, and good luck on your larger three-person show.
  • This kind of reminds me of Are We Live?

Luke, is this the same "Room" as the magnetic juggling video?
  • This kind of reminds me ofAre We Live?

Luke, is this the same "Room" as the magnetic juggling video?
    Yes, the "Are We Live" sketch, which I've not seen for about a decade, was one go-to inspiration for this project. I spent tree days hanging upside down, working on material with a similar idea to those in the video there.

And yes, it's the same room as the magnetic juggling video, except that prop was removed. The full show should even have upside down magnetic juggling.
    I believe that is the point, considering the main lyric of the song is "figure it out for yourself."
    Um... yeah...
  • Fuck. I feel really stupid right now.