This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Epic Smells

edited September 2006 in Everything Else
So the bamboo story reminded me of a story that in my circle of friends (we lack a cool group name) as the "Epic Fart of Legend."

Basically we were down in Belmar, NJ at my Mom's beach house for a weekend about 2 years ago in December. It was me, and 3 other people (Pat, Matt and Matt's gf at the time Kim.) We had spent the night before playing Cranium I think, eating lots of con queso, and guacamole doritos. Matt was also drinking a lot of Pabst Blue Ribbon (most horrid beer ever.)

So the next morning we got up and were playing some video games after having omlets with con queso, since there was more left. And Matt farts, as he tends to do often, so we were like meh and continued to play. Then we smelled it. It was the most horrid smell ever, we actually had to stop playing, put down the controllers and move away from the area.

And yet there is more. After a little while the air seems to clear around the TV so we get back to playing. Now while we had been playing before Kim was in the shower, which was located about 30 ft away on the same floor, through part of the kitchen, and behind a closed door. After we started playing again, shortly there after we hear Kim angrily yell, "MATT!"

Apparently the smell had somehow managed to move into the bathroom after it had left ground zero. We still get ridiculous amounts of amusement out of this story, especially when there are people around who haven't heard it.

Comments

• edited September 2006
    ...having omlets with con queso
    It's not a real omelet unless it's an omlet with with cheese.
    Post edited by Phantasos on
  • I work with a Psychiatrist who in Korea, and he comes into the morning meetings smelling of Kimchi and Soju. This is not uncommon for most of the Korea Nationals. I try to remain professional about it and just scoot away from him, cause he sits right next to me. Is it OK to say something or shall I just continue to do the passive aggressive thing by re-framing the situation.

Just in case you don't know Kimchi and Soju are like national meals here in Korea. Kimichi smells horrible, and Soju is a type of alcohol, so when mixed together and sweated out, smells worse than shit.

• Just in case you don't know Kimchi and Soju are like national meals here in Korea. Kimichi smells horrible, and Soju is a type of alcohol, so when mixed together and sweated out, smells worse than shit.
    Is it Kimchi or Kimichi? Kimchi's the spicy cabbage dish right? I had no idea Koreans had a quick shot of alcohol before work in the morning... hardcore maaan >.<

You should just outright tell the guy he needs to shower in the morning. I'm Hong Kong Chinese and we're usually pretty blunt about matters dealing with personal hygiene. If a guy's breath stinks, we tell him right to his face (with a little subtlety of course). If you don't want to seem disrespectful or too aggressive then you could put a little Vicks Vaporub under your nose in the morning. Clear your sinuses and cover the stench of your colleague.

• Just in case you don't know Kimchi and Soju are like national meals here in Korea. Kimichi smells horrible, and Soju is a type of alcohol, so when mixed together and sweated out, smells worse than shit.
    Is it Kimchi or Kimichi? Kimchi's the spicy cabbage dish right? I had no idea Koreans had a quick shot of alcohol before work in the morning... hardcore maaan >.<

You should just outright tell the guy he needs to shower in the morning. I'm Hong Kong Chinese and we're usually pretty blunt about matters dealing with personal hygiene. If a guy's breath stinks, we tell him right to his face (with a little subtlety of course). If you don't want to seem disrespectful or too aggressive then you could put a little Vicks Vaporub under your nose in the morning. Clear your sinuses and cover the stench of your colleague.
    It is Kimchi, and it is the spicy cabbage. A lot of the Koreans drink Soju at meals cause alcohol is not as big of a deal. And even if they only drink it at night the smell of years of use is still there. I guess I will talk with him.