This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Take your virtual girlfriend to an actual resort

edited September 2010 in Video Games
Real Men Go to a Hotel With Virtual Girlfriends

I could be wrong. But this has got to be the ultimate service in catering to lonely otakus out there.

Comments

• Oh no, declining population, what ever will we do.
  • I am registering my disdain for such Wacky Japan stories.
  • "Atami has always been a romantic place, but it is now a romantic place for a modern generation," says Sakae Saito, Atami's mayor.

You got to move with the times guys. It's the new modern generation. Won't be long now before you can marry your iPhone.
  • edited September 2010
    Message to all those sad guys:

Do you see what your doing in the game? You know, exercising, studying, and the rest of the things that make you more appealing to your virtual girlfriend? Guess what? Real women like that too! Maybe if you spent less time pandering to a fake girl and more time improving your pasty ass self in real life, you wouldn't need that game to "Help you cope with your loneliness". Come on guys! You're Japanese. You have some of the highest test scores in the world! You're not smart enough to figure that out? Good grief.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I want a Love Plus-style game that is programmed so that, after a user invests more than 15 weeks of playtime, the girlfriend reports that she's not being satisfied sexually and that cross-reality relationships never work out. She then breaks up with the player and the game card rewrites the save with a few bits of data that lock the game forever, displaying only the message, "Become fit! Be social! A real woman awaits you."
  • Message to all those sad guys:

Do you see what your doing in the game? You know, exercising, studying, and the rest of the things that make you more appealing to your virtual girlfriend? Guess what? Real women like that too! Maybe if you spent less time pandering to a fake girl and more time improving your pasty ass self in real life, you wouldn't need that game to "Help you cope with your loneliness". Come on guys! You're Japanese. You have some of the highest test scores in the world! You're not smart enough to figure that out? Good grief.
    Except the digital girls are just ones and zeros; they can never say no, never reject you.
  • Except the digital girls are just ones and zeros; they can never say no, never reject you.
    I want a Love Plus-style game that is programmed so that, after a user invests more than 15 weeks of playtime, the girlfriend reports that she's not being satisfied sexually and that cross-reality relationships never work out. She then breaks up with the player and the game card rewrites the save with a few bits of data that lock the game forever, displaying only the message, "Become fit! Be social! A real woman awaits you."
    I would go so far to say that as much as rejection sucks utter dick, it's a necessary part of life. It helps you grow up.
  • Oh, I'm not saying it's not necessary. I'm saying they're avoiding it because it sucks so much. While I love the internet and all the good it's done, both for me personally and in general in the world, it also allows you to persist in a very unrealistic delusion far, far longer than you used to be able to.
  • Oh, I'm not saying it's not necessary. I'm saying they're avoiding it because it sucks so much.
    I know. That's why digital girls should be programmed to reject their owners.
    While I love the internet and all the good it's done, both for me personally and in general in the world, it also allows you to persist in a very unrealistic delusion far, far longer than you used to be able to.
    Mmmmmmyep.
  • Finally a place that accepts the purity of 2D and rejects the disgusting 3D pig women.
  • When does this stop being hilarious and start being terrifying?
  • Except the digital girls are just ones and zeros; they can never say no, never reject you.
    Interestingly, if the copy protection code gets triggered, you get stuck at courting and never get to actual dating.
    Interestingly, if the copy protection code gets triggered, you get stuck at courting and never get to actual dating.
    SecuROM is such a fucking cockblock.
  • Interestingly, if the copy protection code gets triggered, you get stuck at courting and never get to actual dating.
    What would be even better would be if you could play the game just the same, but if the copy protection code is triggered, the girl, after a set amount of time, will at a random time cheat on you with some Big, dumb jock, and then dump you in the nastiest way possible.

Downside, of course, is that this would possibly drive the suicide rates in Japan up by a good fifteen percent or so.
  • There won't be suicides. Because all you would have to do is just return the game get a refund or it exchange for some other dating sim. You can't do that with real life girlfriends.
  • When does this stop being hilarious and start being terrifying?
    I'd say it's already kind of terrifying, but once more men begin to legally marry virtual girls besides just that one, I will say it moves into full on terrifying territory.
  • edited September 2010
    When does this stop being hilarious and start being terrifying?
    I'd say it's already kind of terrifying, but once more men begin to legally marry virtual girls besides just that one, I will say it moves into full on terrifying territory.
    Slippery slope!!!!!!!!
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • That's not going to happen. Meaningful marriage of a virtual being means that virtual being would have legal rights to begin with and the scam artists would have a field day.