This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Horror Games

edited September 2010 in Video Games
I've jumped while playing Silent Hill. I've been startled by The Thing and Alice, but this is the only game to ever truly scare the crap out of me...

Does anyone else like horror gaming, and what are some of your favorites?

Comments

• Oh the horor!
  • Amnesia: The Dark Descent comes out within the next couple of weeks. I can't friggin' wait.

• I have a feeling that i would die a lot in this game. i mean i would rarely ever run away. i would have tried beating the zombie over the head with the lantern.
  • I remember an old PC game called Phantasmagoria. It was dubbed "horror on 7 cds" The line from the game that sticks in my head the most is " A woman's body is a beautiful thing. But the head is useless!"

Anyone remember this game?
  • I remember an old PC game called Phantasmagoria. It was dubbed "horror on 7 cds" The line from the game that sticks in my head the most is " A woman's body is a beautiful thing. But the head is useless!"

I do remember that game, but I think that was more about the potential of the lead female character getting some and being like 12 :-p

I do remember that game, but I think that was more about the potential of the lead female character getting some and being like 12 :-p
    You can actually watch the entire thing on youtube. Its entertaining if only to see how badly the whole thing holds up.

Theres also 7th Guest and 11th Hour. Nothing like some horror to go with your puzzles.
  • The 7th guest was friggin awesome. But I imagine these games do not hold up. I refuse to watch the youtube videos of them and keep them golden in my memory.
  • AAAAAHHHHH!

Never played the game but it's supposed to be pretty horrible. I guess that's not the same thing as horrifying, though, huh?

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Our university library has it in the game archives. I feel like its the Necronomicon of the game section.
  • I was wandering around TVTropes one night and came across a nasty piece of gratuitous gore called Demonophobia which consists of leading a little girl around a maze with the kind of survival chance that makes Shadowgate look foolproof and graphic bizarre graphic depictions for each death.
  • I was wandering around TVTropes one night and came across a nasty piece of gratuitous gore called Demonophobia which consists of leading a little girl around a maze with the kind of survival chance that makes Shadowgate look foolproof and graphic bizarre graphic depictions for each death.
    I believe you just played a guro game.
  • AAAAAHHHHH!

Never played the game but it's supposed to be pretty horrible. I guess that's not the same thing as horrifying, though, huh?

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!
    Alternative title - "OHSHIT MY DICK IS IN THE ZIPPER"
  • I believe you just played a guro game.
    I just read about it.
    edited September 2010
    I was wandering around TVTropes one night and came across a nasty piece of gratuitous gore called Demonophobia which consists of leading a little girl around a maze with the kind of survival chance that makes Shadowgate look foolproof and graphic bizarre graphic depictions for each death.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh lord. Did you just play it instead of first looking up further information?

GOOD END: (does not exist)
    Post edited by ... on