This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

HALO: REACH

edited September 2010 in Video Games
So, I have ordered my copy, paid in full. I can not wait for it to come out. Anyone else getting it?

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Maybe, I wonder if they'll finally add a running function. Also deal
    Post edited by Fundefined on
  • Meh. I've never had any interest in the Halo series. It's a super generic, console FPS. Yay.
  • It is a console FPS done right.
  • It is a console FPS done right.
    No, Metroid Prime is a console FPS done right. It doesn't try to be a PC FPS, it tries and succeeds at being a new breed of FPS made specifically for a console.
  • edited September 2010
    So, I have ordered my copy, paid in full. I can not wait for it to come out. Anyone else getting it?
    When I have the cash, Both Scott Rubin and I are getting it.

Though, I should note - Scott isn't buying it himself, I'm buying it for him.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I'm eagerly awaiting the launch - I think Bungie's really pulled out all the stops this time to make sure their last Halo is memorable. This one looks to have a much larger emphasis on the story, and the pre-launch advertisements are really playing up the theme of sacrifice in a seemingly impossible fight. But maybe what's got me most excited is all of the customization options that they've thrown in. Admittedly they're nothing compared to what's possible with PC games and modding and whatnot, but for a console game, I believe they've really set the bar.

I'll admit that Halo may not be the best or most original FPS out there, but, well, it's fun, and I've got my group of friends who play it, and that's enough reasoning for me in and of itself. Being in college, playing Halo a few nights a week has been my best way of keeping in touch with some of my friends who've gone other schools, and I guess that's given it a bit of a special place in my mind.
  • Halo 3 was okay. The story got resolved, but multi-player was entirely forgettable. Also, the single player mode was far too short. Also, co-op on a split screen was painful to look at.
    I skipped all the DLC and ODST entirely because I just couldn't care. I hope Reach does something new, but I don't have high hopes.
  • From what I have heard/seen Reach is everything right about the HALO games. Bungie wanted to make their last game a jewel. The story is going to be amazing. There is something just innately heroic about fighting an unwinnable fight.
  • Halo 3 was okay. The story got resolved, but multi-player was entirely forgettable. Also, the single player mode was far too short. Also, co-op on a split screen was painful to look at.
    I skipped all the DLC and ODST entirely because I just couldn't care. I hope Reach does something new, but I don't have high hopes.
    I thought ODST's single player mode was an interesting break from the previous games, switching between the nighttime hub world and the more traditional Halo levels. The atmosphere of the city at night was very well done, in my opinion, though it really only holds if you play it solo. While the single player is pretty short (shorter than Halo 3, you can probably finish it in a 4-6 hours tops), if you can find it cheap I'd recommend giving it a shot, or borrow it from someone.

Actually, didn't Scott say his Xbox came with a copy of it? That was one of the pack-in games for a while.

• CANT WAIT!!! 4 MORE DAYS!
  • Oh yeah, I should probably preorder this noise, huh?
  • I should probably use my Points2Shop points and get it for free. :D
  • The book was very good; I hope the game lives up to it.
  • edited September 2010
    [Following post is honest and straight faced.] I would really like someone to take the cinematic Halo stuff and mix it up with the super fun gameplay from when FPS gameplay was what really defined a game. Or just do something really crazy with the way the gameplay works, so I can have all this to look at and then have something really engaging to play on top.

It'd be like having cake and bread but then someone comes up with the idea of "Hey, why don't we just have two cakes?".

As it stands, I want to play Halo, but only if I'm playing it co-op.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • It'd be like having cake and bread but then someone comes up with the idea of "Hey, why don't we just have two cakes?".
    I want three cakes. Add Minecraft.
  • edited September 2010
    I want three cakes. Add Minecraft.
    But we've already got half of that cake already, The Forge and Forgeworld are technologically most of the way there, it just needs to be integrated.

We've got one whole cake, something on it's way to being a cake, and a loaf of bread.

Also: @CTim: KIBOU WO TORIMODOSE!
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Cake is bread.

And you are a storm bringer.
  • And you are a storm bringer.
    Take heed young man, when the wind's a'blowin', the storm, she's a'comin'.