This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Breakout Games

edited September 2010 in Board Games
I've gotten into this terrible habit. Every day that I have more than a couple of hours break between classes, I've been bringing Apples to Apples with me to campus and setting up in the Games Room, teaching people how to play and/or playing with people I've taught in the past. It's been fun, but I'd like to bring something new to the table. I'll have a copy of Poo to play soon, but how about something else? Something easy to learn, fun, and with a high replay value.

Also, free/cheap is preferred. Maybe a printable game?

Comments

• Carcasonne. I am sure you can find print sets online for it. Use different colored buttons for meeples.
  • I've gotten into this terribleawesome habit.
  • edited September 2010
    Zombie Dice?

If you wanted to step it up into an actual board game, Forbidden Island is marketed as a starter game, and is really cheap.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • Ninja Burger and the munchkin games are usually pretty easy to pick up, quite fun, good humor, and reasonably high replay value.
  • I'm a fan of No Thanks! It's basically a game of chicken.
  • Wait, how could we forget?

Motherfuckin' Jungle Speed.
  • Wait, how could we forget?

Motherfuckin' Jungle Speed.
    Oh, fuck yes.
  • I still haven't had a chance to play Poo. After reading the review on Modern Day Pirates and reading the rules, it sounds a lot like Lunch Money, but more fun, imo. With Lunch Money, you have to memorize what each card does, because there is no description on the cards.

I'll definitely have to pick it up when I get a chance. I didn't see it at the local game store, so I might have to buy it online.

I also did see a pdf of score cards for the game on Board Game Geek.

As for other breakout games, S'quarrels is a fast and easy to learn and play game.
  • Thanks, Sail; I needed to see that but didn't bother doing it myself.
  • How about 1000 Blank White Cards? I play that every time I have an easy-going sub, and it's normally a blast. Just need some pens/pencils and cards!