This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Sony F'ed up again...

Comments

• The wii is going to rape sony in the ass. *Wink wink.* ;0
  • You know what would be hilarious? If they fell short of even this goal...
  • I won't be surprised, actually I'm expecting it.
  • I know how Sony would get better sales: change the PS3's name to vagina.

(Sorry for the bad wii jokes.)
  • Wasn't that a PA joke?

Anyway, they're probably still struggling with processor fabrication. Weren't the defect rates appallingly bad a couple of months ago? Probably hasn't got much better.

Points for trying to innovate Sony, but it's just stupid to gamble with new technology to this degree.
  • edited September 2006
    Another one...
    It's been delayed 'till March in Europe, Russia, the Middle East, Africa and Australasia.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Anyway, they're probably still struggling with processor fabrication. Weren't the defect rates appallingly bad a couple of months ago? Probably hasn't got much better.
    I don't think so. Rym has mentioned that Sony's woes aren't IBM's fault and in the meantime IBM is planning on using a metric crapton of Cell processors to build the new world's largest supercomputer at Los Alamos.
  • I really didn't think that it was possible for Sony to dig itself any deeper. Truth be told though, when the Wii comes out I will take the remainder of the week off from work. I do believe I will have myself a little Wii Vacation. :)
  • edited September 2006
    Oh, come on. The unit will sell. The questions is just how far behind the XBox will it lag. I'll go so far as to say that the Wii will be #3 - a respectable number three, but three nonetheless.

It's Sony. Teenagers and kids are lemmings. Enough said.

I do hope, however, that Mom and Dad think twice before plunking down some serious cash on this machine when little Johnny already owns an XBox.
    Post edited by Kilarney on
  • Then there's this:

NO 1080P
    /Stolen
  • Oh and then their is this.

Europe POWNED
    /Stolen
    Lol!
  • man... they should just cancel the launch of the PS3, cut their loses, publicly apologise for all the bullshit they've been spouting and make the guy in charge of the PS3 project commit seppuku on TV. Are their heads so far up their own asses that they can't tell when they've crossed the line? It's almost as if they want the PS3 to fail miserably.
  • In regards to the comments on last night's show:

The reason the US is getting many more units than Japan is because the XBox is a viable competitor in the US. Sony has to make a stand against the XBox. In Japan, Sony will reign supreme over the XBox, even if the average consumer has to wait a couple more months to get their hands on a PS3.

The reason the US is getting many more units than Japan is because the XBox is a viable competitor in the US. Sony has to make a stand against the XBox. In Japan, Sony will reign supreme over the XBox, even if the average consumer has to wait a couple more months to get their hands on a PS3.
    Of course, thats assuming that they receive enough profit in the US inorder to produce more units in Japan. It seems to me that they might experience quite a loss of profit during those first few months, making it quite difficult for the PS3 to be a viable buisness product.

Of course, thats assuming that they receive enough profit in the US inorder to produce more units in Japan. It seems to me that they might experience quite a loss of profit during those first few months, making it quite difficult for the PS3 to be a viable buisness product.
    Well, game consoles are always sold at a loss. The idea is to make money by selling games. Same old razor and razor blade model that's been hanging around for the past few decades. I think Sony's strategy really relies a lot on Blu-Ray. Not only will they get money whenever a PS3 game sells, but they'll get money from every Blu-Ray movie as they do from every UMD movie. Not to mention they have lots of music and other stuff they will sell online through the PS3. They can still profit if they sell all the PS3s to rich people who like it enough to spend a lot more money on after they've got it in their homes.
  • But looking back at alot of the news and your guys commentary, it seems that the PS3 has few, if any games that will sell well. Sure there are the FF's but one or two games will not make the platform sell well. Blue-Ray has been proven to be a flawed system in that it is much more difficult to get a Blue-Ray movie than a DVD, not to mention the broken technology. UMD is not selling well, if at all. This is beginning to look like a trainwreck waiting to happen. The Xbox has proven itself in the market and I am sure that the Wii will perform extremely well. Mixing horrible technology that is flawed and inferior in addition to poor marketing and piss poor games will not bode well for Sony.
  • edited September 2006
    Apparently nobody at Sony has taken Economics 101:
    Charge too much - sell too little
    Post edited by Kilarney on
  • lol, This is just how me, and half the rest of the world feels right now. (allthough i gave up months before this delay and the 360 is replaced by the wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii)