This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Yea, okay, I got one.

edited September 2006 in Technology
I got this for my birthday. It does actually make a bit of sence for someone who goes to LAN parties. I'm also just a novelty addict.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/GMScooter/Misc/My%20computer/09-05-06_2140.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/GMScooter/Misc/My%20computer/09-05-06_2141.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v248/GMScooter/Misc/My%20computer/09-05-06_2142.jpg

Anyone else have interesting add-ons?

Comments

• lol... is that an ashtray-cigarette lighter addon? Dayum... if I wasn't trying to quit smoking, I'd probably get one...
  • Smoking bad. Nobody in the Front Row Crew smokes and we disrespect those who do. It's not a good idea to let me find out you smoke because I'll make fun of you at every possible opportunity.

So smokey. How's that slow suicide and complete lack of willpower coming along?
  • Gees Apreche, Trolling your own forums ^_^

But it's true, Front Row Crew generally frowns upon Smoking.
  • I have a perfectly good cupholder neck to my computer, its called my desk.
    The popular forums all have trolls and the the unpopular ones don't. But is it because popular forums attract trolls or is it because trolls make forums popular? Can't be sure, gotta troll just in case.
  • edited September 2006
    I have one of these keyboards (and no, i didn't pay that much for it)

You can see it in this picture
    Post edited by Farragar on
  • I have one ofthesekeyboards (and no, i didn't pay that much for it)

You can see it inthispicture
    I've seen those keyboards, they're ok. Have you programmed it to do anything cool? Personally I use the HHK and I'll never go back.
  • Anybody want one of those "broken" MS keyboards where the keys are split in half down the middle? Free to good home.
  • Wow, that HHK is really expensive. I don't think I could reason myself into paying that much for a keyboard.
  • Wow, that HHK is really expensive. I don't think I could reason myself into paying that much for a keyboard.
    Well, that's only if you get the professional model with the springs in the keys. I have the HHK USB Lite 2 in black which doesn't have springs.
  • Kidder, no its a cup holder not a cig tray...although I guess it could be used for that. While I smoke, I don't smoke inside.
    (kicks soap box out from under Scott)

Loz, I've seen those keyboards. How do you like it?
  • edited September 2006
    Posted By: Apreche
    I've seen those keyboards, they're ok. Have you programmed it to do anything cool? Personally I use theHHKand I'll never go back.

Yeah, I've downloaded a couple cool mods to display teamspeak information, counterstrike information, bandwidth usage, Itunes, CPU & RAM usage, and WoW information (sorry Scott) I also made quite a cool program, it just displays your local IP address and has the FireFox logo and slogan, nothing big.

Loz, I've seen those keyboards. How do you like it?
    Yeah, its really nice (providing you have a large desk to keep it on) the keys are nice and large too, so you don't end up pressing two buttons at once. The keys also have a nice 'clicky' feel which appears to be a matter of personal preference, but i prefer them like that. The lights aren't particullary bright, but in the dark they stand out. It has quite a useful slider-button for gaming that locks the windows key, so if you press it instead of ctrl it doesnt minimise your screen. The macro keys work very well, but i haven't found too many uses for them apart from typing common chat phrases for me.
    Post edited by Farragar on
  • Kidder, no its a cup holder not a cig tray...although I guess it could be used for that. While I smoke, I don't smoke inside.
    (kicks soap box out from under Scott)
    That's possibly the most useless add-on I've seen anyone actually buy.
  • OK, I smoke Rym! Bring it on.
    The popular forums all have trolls and the the unpopular ones don't. But is it because popular forums attract trolls or is it because trolls make forums popular? Can't be sure, gotta troll just in case.
    Nope. The sportssuck.org forums arn't that populer but we have plenty of trolls. Well flamer spammers.
  • OK, I smoke Rym! Bring it on.
    Apreche is Scott.. Not Rym... But here's another Scott's perspective

Anyhow, Smoking is quite possibly the stupidest thing you can do besides just eating fried foods and drinking gallons of alcohol a day. I mean at least one glass of wine a day seems to have health benefits. People who smoke seem to say it relaxes them or helps them lose weight when all the ex-smokers I've talked to said that was completely false since after they quit smoking they found themselves more relaxed and tending to enjoy eating more since they could actually taste it better. Plus exercise for what it's worth helps with both of these things plus most likely will help you have a healthier life instead of a crapper life. The cigarette companies have been steadily raising the level of nicotine in Cigarettes for the last couple years! I wonder why that is.

Anyone who smokes has a -50 in my book, to get beyond that you have to be an exceptional person, Quite frankly generally people who smoke have other negative character weaknesses as well.

At the very least, smoke a pipe (at least you'll look cool and it might not smell as bad) or Pot because at least you'll get something out of it. But damn it every-time I see a teen smoking I want to slap them in the face. They think they are all adult when really they just look stupid.

I really hope Philadelphia passes that anti-smoking bill, you can't believe how nice it is going out in New Jersey! (even though I feel it's a choice thing, it's my own hypocrisy.

God, nothings worse then meeting a cute girl and seeing her light up a cig. UGH!

There, now I'm off topic as well!
  • There is only one exception, in my book: a nice fat cigar (along with a snifter of port or brandy) on New Years Eve.
  • edited September 2006
    "Apreche is Scott.. Not Rym... But here's another Scott's perspective

Anyhow, Smoking is........... There, now I'm off topic as well!"

This is what I saw. I don't know if there is something wrong w/ my monitor or if you misstyped. Dunno. Oh, well.

(flick) (puff) (puff)
    Post edited by Scooter on