This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon Audio Drama Show!

Comments

• I can probably fill in for any additional voices you need.
  • I can probably fill in for any additional voices you need.
  • When I have the first script completed (before I go to bed), I'll have a list of characters that will need voices acted. I'll post it here, and if you'd like to provide the voice, it would be awesome if you could send/whisper me an audition or demo for said character. Some may be reoccurring, so I'll also have that listed, as well.
  • I'll visit the anechoic chamber tomorrow and record some samples for you.
  • I'll visit the anechoic chamber tomorrow and record some samples for you.
    You are the awesome.

I keep thinking of new things to ask. :P

Should the names be changed, or kept as their show analogues? In my comic that messes with my ideas of Pokemon, I changed all the names to my friends and modeled them after them as well. So, the main character was me, Josh (Ash). He ruined a girl's bike, Jordan (Misty). He eventually met a pervy gym leader whom he beat by totally cheating, Eric (Brock).

It could also be a mix. I like Prof. [Death Tree] and Gary [Death Tree], but still having "Josh from Pallet town." It's just something I've been thinking about while writing, which doesn't have to be answered now.
  • edited October 2010
    If Churba can get me the name of that tree that kills you if you stand under it, I'm in.
    Gympie Gympie. As in, Professor Gympie Gympie, pronounced Gim(like Kim, but with a G like the G in Gravel)-Pee Or, alternatively, Professor Dendrocnide moroides.
    I think as of right now we need a "Gary," but if there is any character you're interested in, do a demo of them.
    I'll give you a read for Gary over the next few days, but if you don't fancy my reads, I'm available for whatever other voices you wish.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Hasn't Gympie Gympie only killed one person?
  • Hasn't Gympie Gympie only killed one person?
    Well, it's recorded to have killed one person. However, Fred isn't exaggerating by much - It can make you bleed from the eyes, ears and mouth just by standing near it, and give you severe skin irritation. God help you if you grab a leaf.
  • Doesn't matter. Gary Gympie Gympie is an awesome name. :P

Churba, sounds good to me. I can't wait to hear it.

Also, character list!:
    Ash/Josh - me, depending on how much I like the voice.
    Announcer - not taken
    Ash/Josh's Mom - taken, my Mom just doesn't know it yet.
    Gary - Churba's auditioning
    Prof. - Omnomnutia.
    Narrator - not taken
  • edited October 2010
    I'm thinking Prof. D Moroides would sound better than something that comes across in audio as Prof. Gimpy.
    Damn, that plant sure as hell doesn't want you touching it.

Oh, just to ask, which Pokemon generation are we dealing with? I'm most familiar with gen 1. Could give Black and White a run through once I'm done with Mass Effect 2. Having it work towards a meaningful project could get me over the tedium. Could just read the wiki.

I'm also looking at re-establishing ties with a Japanese pokenerd friend of mine. She might be able to help out somehow.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I have a very versatile voice and can change it to any number of different voices, so I would be up to doing almost any Pokemon voice or unimportant character you need.
  • I'm thinking Prof. D Moroides would sound better than something that comes across in audio as Prof. Gimpy.
    Damn, that plant sure as hell doesn't want you touching it.

Oh, just to ask, which Pokemon generation are we dealing with? I'm most familiar with gen 1. Could give Black and White a run through once I'm done with Mass Effect 2. Having it work towards a meaningful project could get me over the tedium. Could just read the wiki.

I'm also looking at re-establishing ties with a Japanese pokenerd friend of mine. She might be able to help out somehow.
    Gen 1 for now. It's my favorite Gen.

Any help is good help!

Pokemon voices are definitely needed, so anyone willing to do pokevoices should also demo.

Oh, and to plan ahead, I'm in need of a Jessie and James. Anyone interested?
  • Oh, and to plan ahead, I'm in need of a Jessie and James. Anyone interested?
    You shouldn't even have them at all. You should do real Pokemon, and not the anime.
  • edited October 2010
    So this is based on the Pokemon anime? Can't we go the game/comic route of having Team Rocket being an actual threat?

@Scott: Jessie and James did appear in the games but they were pretty much one mini-boss and that was it.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Hmmm. I want it to be a blend, but with not a lot of Team Rocket and Jessie and James. I did want TR, in non-Jessie and James appearances, to be menacing. Cutting of tails, exploiting Pokemon to the max.
  • Thing is, Team rocket, aside from oddly frequent minor natural disasters and misbehaving mosters, were responsible for a significant portion of things you had to sort out. Even more so in the manga.
  • @Scott: Jessie and James did appear in the games but they were pretty much one mini-boss and that was it.
    Pokemon Yellow doesn't count.
  • Thing is, Team rocket, aside from oddly frequent minor natural disasters and misbehaving mosters, were responsible for a significant portion of things you had to sort out. Even more so in the manga.
    Maybe that will be the bigger plot in our show. Should we make the show more serious? I dont want post apocalyptic stuff, but make death something that could easily happen to a Pokemon. Maybe when fighting a grunt, the possibility of a Pokemon dying is real. Things like that.
  • Maybe that will be the bigger plot in our show. Should we make the show more serious? I dont want post apocalyptic stuff, but make death something that could easily happen to a Pokemon. Maybe when fighting a grunt, the possibility of a Pokemon dying is real. Things like that.
    Have you not read the Pokemon Adventures manga? If not, do it before you start anything.
  • edited October 2010
    Looks like I will. I have a busy night ahead of me.
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on
  • I had recorded an audition for Gary, but I'll probably wreck my voice being that nasal and condescending. I'm Interested to see what churba does with it.

I've also managed to contract a cold overnight, so, unless my voice gets better, I'll just put an offer to do the audio cleanup/editing/arrangement.
  • edited October 2010
    I had recorded an audition for Gary, but I'll probably wreck my voice being that nasal and condescending. I'm Interested to see what churba does with it.

I've also managed to contract a cold overnight, so, unless my voice gets better, I'll just put an offer to do the audio cleanup/editing/arrangement.
    Well, this gives me a perfect opportunity to update the cast list! I was on my iPod before, so I'm sorry it's probably typo-ridden. It's what I get for posting in class.

In order of appearance:

Announcer: Open
    Ash (Josh) [Recurring]: JukeBoxJosh, tentatively
    Narrator [Recurring]: Open
    Ash's Mom: JukeBoxJosh's Mom, tentatively
    Bulbasaur: Li_Akahi, proving it
    Squirtle: Li_Akahi, proving it
    Charmander [Recurring]: Open
    Prof. Oak (Prof. D Moroides): Om"nom"nutia, auditioning
    Gary (Gary D Moroides): Churba, auditioning
    Misty [Recurring]: Open

Everyone is free to audition, just send me an e-mail with some audio (e-mail in profile), or whisper me something if you're interested. If you don't want to lend your voice, but would like to help, post or whisper! I'm open to any and all help regarding this, especially in the music department, so don't be afraid to ask!
  • No Brock?
    Not yet. Brock won't around 'til the 3rd episode.
  • I can do a Bulbasaur and Squirtle voice.
  • Prove it!
    (list edited)
    I'm gonna do some test voices today for my guy. Dunno if I'm gonna do a straight-up ash, or some mix.
  • Prove it!
    When can I do said proving?
  • edited October 2010
    Just as a side note from the day's work fart-arsing around when I'm not working - reading the Gary Oak twitter in the voice of Ringo Starr is fucking hilarious. Sex, drugs and Pokéballs, baby.

Edit - Oh god, his formspring is even better
    Gary Oak,
    what is your official stance on tittyfucking?

OVER THE TORSO
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited October 2010
    Prove it!
    When can I do said proving?
    Uhm, I dunno. Send me a file, I can get on Skype, what have you. I want this to be fun and easy for everyone involved.
    Just as a side note from the day'sworkfart-arsing around when I'm not working - reading the Gary Oak twitter in the voice of Ringo Starr is fucking hilarious. Sex, drugs and Pokéballs, baby.

Edit - Oh god, his formspring is even better
    Gary Oak,
    what is your official stance on tittyfucking?

OVER THE TORSO
    Good lord. I will never be able to look at Gary the same way again.
  • Finishing recording tomorrow, basically just throwing a bunch of stuff at the wall to see what sticks.