This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Lost Phone/Items

GeoGeo
edited November 2010 in Suggestions
So here's the deal: I was standing at the bus stop as I was on my way home from classes today when I noticed something on a Newspaper Bin. It was a cell-phone (a standard-fare, made for phone calls kind of phone) that someone obviously left behind. The first thing I did was take it to make sure no one would steal it and possibly use it for malicious reasons (such as racking the owner's phone bill or other things of that nature). I looked through their contacts list to see if I could find a contact labeled something like "Home" or "Mom/Dad", but to my surprise I didn't find either. All there are, are just contacts with either no description or no discernible way to find out if they were family, friend, etc. While I have every single intention of returning it to its rightful owner, I'm kinda lost here and was wondering how I should go about this peculiar situation?

EDIT: Also if anyone else comes across lost items and wants to have a discussion about them, I think this would be an ideal place to do so.

Comments

• edited November 2010
    Call some of the numbers, and ask whose name shows up the person you called's phone. Easy peasy.Hey guys, I'm having trouble tying my shoe laces. Can you help me out? Is it rabbit around the tree and then under the branch, or is it round the tree and over the branch?
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • edited November 2010
    Phone someone random and ask, you're sure to hit a co-worker or friend sooner or later. Look for people with nicknames.

@Luke: Ian's shoelace site should have your answers. I reccomend the Over Under lacing method.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • What if it's some drug dealer's phone that he ditched on purpose?
    Score some free cash/dope?
  • Score some free cash/dope?
    Or a stabbing...
    He would've thrown it away better, then.
  • edited November 2010
    Maybe the phone's location is being traced by the FBI and a trained gunsmsn is now out to assassinate Matt.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Or maybe, someone's trying to re-enact Eden of the East for real.

Noblesse Oblige. I pray that you continue to be a savior.
  • He would've thrown it away better, then.
    Nobody said he was a particularly smart drug dealer.