This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Vote for the Queen of Bells.

Comments

• Vote for Belruel.
    I voted for the new kid.
  • I voted for the new kid.
    BUT YOU DON'T EVEN LIKE SCI FI!!!
  • I can't help but vote for Sand. I've got a soft spot for space-westerns.
  • I went for Sand. I'd like to see them do something not commonly covered in game comics.
  • BUT YOU DON'T EVEN LIKE SCI FI!!!
    No, I like real sci-fi a whole lot. What I don't like are shows that pretend to be sci-fi, but are really just soap opera that happens to be in space.
  • Voted for sand. I'm interested to see where this is going.
  • I voted for the new kid.
    I did as well because I want to see something other than fantasy from them. They really haven't done anything in space.
  • What did Automata count as?
  • Sand got my vote.
  • What did Automata count as?
    Sci-fi noir?
  • I voted for The New Kid, but Sand was a close second.
  • It's good to see the entrants are producing such mixed views; Though I think Queen of Bells is at a disadvantage, given it starts much slower than the other two.
  • It's good to see the entrants are producing such mixed views; Though I think Queen of Bells is at a disadvantage, given it starts much slower than the other two.
    I'm sure it would grow into something interesting, but the other two are so much more up my alley it wasn't really an option for me.
  • I voted for New Kid too.
  • I thought New Kid was the weakest of the three :/
  • No love for Belruel for the kid who takes on a challenge that she as no business doing but (probably) succeeds? No David and Goliath fans here? I'm so out of touch when it comes to politics...
  • I went with New Kid.
  • Sand's attempt at being badass completely fell on its face for me, and I don't care about medieval high fantasy gobbeldy gook.
  • No love for Belruel for the kid who takes on a challenge that she as no business doing but (probably) succeeds? No David and Goliath fans here? I'm so out of touch when it comes to politics...
    I don't know if you noticed, but the heroic tales are sort of out, and tragedies are in. Look at the last time Penny Arcade had voting, Lookouts and the one with robot discrimination that I forget the name of. Definitely tragic.
    I was interested in it because it was a young girl, but I'd rather have space exploration action right now.
  • Oh yeah, the reason I picked is because I want to see Mike draw a classroom full of kids of varying alien species. I wonder if the kids on monster planet play Pokehuman on their portable game systems.
  • Oh yeah, the reason I picked is because I want to see Mike draw a classroom full of kids of varying alien species. I wonder if the kids on monster planet play Pokehuman on their portable game systems.
    That would be awesome.
  • New Kid too.
    Oh yeah, the reason I picked is because I want to see Mike draw a classroom full of kids of varying alien species. I wonder if the kids on monster planet play Pokehuman on their portable game systems.
    That would be awesome.
  • I'm sorry, but no. The Texas is strong with this one. I voted Sand. I fuckin' love westerns, and deserts, and... yeah. Sand.

And if I had to make a second choice, it would be The New Kid, and not by a large margin, because it feels delightfully Scalzi-esque to me. It's like the flipside of Old Man's War.

Belruel... it felt like they were phoning it in. I mean, maybe they have an idea of where they want to go with it, but they sure didn't convey it. There's some names, and then there's a girl with a sword. Okay. So...?
  • Does anyone even remember what the other choice was after Lookouts and Automata? Without looking it up?
  • I voted for Queen of Bells since it seemed like the only one that had potential. Generally though I don't think any of these ones were anywhere near as good as Automata or Lookouts.
  • "Sand", definitely. However, I'm very intrigued about what happens next in "The New Kid".

"Queen"? Seen it, taped it, bought the T-shirt.
  • "Queen"? Seen it, taped it, bought the T-shirt.
  • They all would be great I'm sure, but my vote went to Sand.