This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Breeders' Cup

2»

Comments

• Ah dang, I lose.
    My God, is this a first?

Will Scott bow out of a discussion he knows nothing about?
    But it doesn't matter, since horse racing is going to gradually disappear anyway. It's already most of the way there.
    Oh drat, this conversation I ignored was so promising.
    Yeah, Scott retreated to his fantasy world in which he is always right, ignoring the proof that horsracing is definitely not on the way out. If anything, it's more popular worldwide than Formula One, which is definitely going to be limited by fossil fuel availability. But that's Scott for you - desperately clinging to the technology of the past.
  • Whoa. Scott admitted he was wrong. That's amazing.
    Plus this is the first time I have ever heard Scott argue for animal welfare rather than the idea of using animals for human gain.
    I'll tell you, although thoroughbreds have some physical problems due to the breeding programs, they are happy animals that really like racing each other. It's not like they are forcing them to run. They love to do that. They do it in their spare time. My Aunt has appaloosas and retired race thoroughbreds, and I like watching the race horses run around the paddock with each other. I also have a friend who works as a trainer for race horses. These horses are treated really well, for the most part.
  • I'm wrong all the time. You people just don't notice the majority of the time, and when you do notice you make a big deal out of it. I'm never wrong like all Mexicans take siestas on the sidewalk in sombreros.
  • I'm never wrong like all Mexicans take siestas on the sidewalk in sombreros.
    ORLY?
    What are you talking about? I can't walk home without doing such, and I'm only half Mexican!
    I once saw a Mexican guy wearing 3 sombreros. That dude was taking a hell of a siesta, let me tell you.