This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Neptune's Pride

Comments

• And so the dark times roll over us, after a few years of peace the turf wars have started again.... May the Alien tentacle gods have mercy on our souls.
  • The shit is getting real in this game as expected.
  • So I know I'm the one getting killed in this game (FRC2), but I thought it worth mentioning that I think I'd prefer a non-balanced map to what we're dealing with now. A balanced map basically makes it so the game comes down to who most efficiently/properly allocates money and tech, and the players who make mistakes in that regard get slowed down and are the first ones out. I don't mean to be whining because I'm losing, but I think an unbalanced map would put much more pressure on players to make the most of what they have and think more strongly about strategic alliances with others.
  • Damn, I've got to get in the next game of this. I just happened to start playing this a few days ago myself (in a free game and a premium game atm). It seems like a Diplomacy for the new millennium :P
  • edited December 2010
    Yellow, for the purposes of saving everyone's time, I demand you surrender! Otherwise, this war shall continue as it is!

Also, I will try to find a way to cheat! This game needs nukes.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I'm never going to give this war up. I'll never let my defenses down. I'm never going to run around and desert my systems.
    I know the game, and I'm going to play it.
    In other words, suck it. This war shall continue until one(or both) of us are dead.
  • edited December 2010
    It's kinda interesting.. the Neptune Pride game is kinda winding down to the end. The alliance between the Scott's has won the day and now both are in a race to see who will get 55 planets first. Apreche's Weapon advantage may overtake Cremlian's Speed advantages due to the amount of ships that need to be sacrificed on each world as they both race to pick up the last few worlds. As there are 110 worlds left in the game both allies can win by just racing to see who cleans up the remaining players.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • It's kinda interesting.. the Neptune Pride game is kinda winding down to the end. The alliance between the Scott's has won the day and now both to race to see who will get 55 planets first. Apreche's Weapon advantage may overtake Cremlian's Speed advantages due to the amount of ships that need to be sacrificed on each world as they both race to pick up the last few worlds. As there are 110 worlds left in the game both allies can win by just racing to see who cleans up the remaining players.
    Yes, the weapon advantage is good, but I need some speed to be able to actually get the ships to the front lines.
  • edited December 2010
    Somebody is a backstabbing ally who's name will be cursed through the ages by my people.
  • Somebody is a backstabbing ally who's name will be cursed through the ages by my people.
    You play to win the game.
  • You play to win the game.
    You will feel my wraith as I pillage your home-worlds.
  • You will feel my wraith as I pillage your home-worlds.
    They will be swiftly de-pillaged.
  • edited December 2010
    They will be swiftly de-pillaged.
    but their wonders will be long burned to the ground by my superior engines lifting off to the next world.
  • Feel your wraith, eh?
  • edited December 2010
    Feel your wraith, eh?
    Hey those undead are pretty awesome. I'll be draining some levels off him.
  • edited December 2010
    I gotta say, regardless of the outcome of this. Scott and I rolled you all. Why the four other players didn't team up and form a alliance of convenience was a big fail on their part. They turtled up and just let the superior numbers eventually overpower them. The only way to survive in this game in the combat sense is to be aggressive or pull forces back in order to make a effective counter attack. (along with attacking weak spots and making alliances) For example Blaffus, has been sitting between both us Scott's the whole game with a shit ton of ships. He could have easily been causing chaos which would have helped Shiam out especially if Shaim had fed him tech at the same time. Probably allowing Blaffus to restore some of his empire and put them back into play.

On top of that, I ended up allying with Scott because he was the only responsive player to any sort of combined strategy. If you don't work the diplomacy in this game you will lose. I mean yellow could have tried peal one of us out of the alliance earlier or to stage an attack with a little diplomacy. But no :-p Well I look forward to next game.
  • edited December 2010
    Feel your wraith, eh?
    Hey those undead are pretty awesome. I'll be draining some levels off him.
    Awesome as the undead might be, I have never felt the urge to touch them.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I gotta say, regardless of the outcome of this. Scott and I rolled you all. Why the four other players didn't team up and form a alliance of convenience was a big fail on their part. They turtled up and just let the superior numbers eventually overpower them. The only way to survive in this game in the combat sense is to be aggressive or pull forces back in order to make a effective counter attack. (along with attacking weak spots and making alliances) For example Blaffus, has been sitting between both us Scott's the whole game with a shit ton of ships. He could have easily been causing chaos which would have helped Shiam out especially if Shaim had fed him tech at the same time. Probably allowing Blaffus to restore some of his empire and put them back into play.
    Yeah, I dominated the last game similarly.
  • Christmas attack bitches!
  • Nicely done. Cremlian-Scott was totally right about the way the alliances shook out. It would have made sense for the rest of us to team up. As for my shit ton of ships, I guess the primary reason I didn't bother was that at best I'd get a planet or two, but I didn't really have any long-term viability the way I saw it.

Moral of the story: make strategic alliances against the big bullies.
  • Nicely done. Cremlian-Scott was totally right about the way the alliances shook out. It would have made sense for the rest of us to team up. As for my shit ton of ships, I guess the primary reason I didn't bother was that at best I'd get a planet or two, but I didn't really have any long-term viability the way I saw it.

Moral of the story: make strategic alliances against the big bullies.
    You were wrong. You could have hosed us. When we realized you weren't playing, we left huge openings, you could have dominated. You just didn't play to win.
  • I am going to remember that video. Nice one, Scott.
  • I am going to remember that video. Nice one, Scott.
    It was part of my recent thing of the day.
  • yea.. you could have also gone out in a blaze of glory.
  • So anyone else up for a game?
  • This seems interesting. I'm game.
  • I have enough points for two more games where nobody has to pay. However, in the past two games we have had players who were not truly dedicated. I want to play a game where every single person is in it to win it. If you're not going to check the game at least once a day, don't bother. If you're not going to stick it out and try your best to win even if you have a minor setback, don't bother. I'm thinking to star the game in the new year, when people are actually back in business.
  • I'll probably play; I think I've proven my dedication.