This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Christmas Stories

edited December 2010 in Everything Else
Dispite being the most stressful and demoralising part of the year for some, it'd be nice to hear what everyone else does in the holiday month.

Probably my favorite Christmasish story was when my Japanese familly took me to Disney Sea for my birthday and then provided me with the single largest cake I have ever been allowed to eat more than half of (Thing was the size of two shoe boxes.). Despite all the problems of having to adjust to an entirely new culture, living in Japan remains the high point of my life.

Comments

• Hmm...Let me think...
    The one prevailing Christmasish memory I have is of being terribly frightened of the guys dressed up as Santa Claus (not Santa Claus in general, I knew he wasn't real), and refusing to sit on their laps. My mom tried to force me, to the point that one Christmas, when I knew one would be arriving, I hid behind the couch in the basement. She found me a while later. Nowadays, she admits she was crazy for trying to force me, and that it makes no sense.

Yeah.
  • As an atheist, I demand the title be changed to Holiday Stories.
  • As a Christian, I demand you atheists stop stealing Christmas, you heathens!
  • The year Final Fantasy 7 came out, all my brothers and I wanted for Christmas that year was a PlayStation, Abe's Oddysee, and, of course, FF7. And we got them! All three!

What we did not get was a memory card.

It was, of course, electronics, and naturally all the places that sold the hot new electronics were closed, so there was no getting a card until the next day. Unfortunately, that left us with the entirety of Christmas afternoon and evening, except for a break for dinner, to fill. And there were three of us, and we each had to have a turn.

And that is how I came to experience the first couple hours of Final Fantasy 7 six times in two days.
  • As a christian atheist, turtles.
    As a confused person, shut up.
    As a confused person, shut up.
    As a offended person, I am very christian about this...

...Wait...
  • As a Star Wars fan, I demand that the Han be put back in Hanukkah.
  • Camping with the family. Trout fishing, kayaking, wrestling with Alsatian puppies... general fun and games.
  • Once upon a time, a small child wanted nothing but a Captain Action action figure for Christmas. Instead, his parents gave him a cheap set of Lincoln Logs.

The End. You bastards.
  • As a Roman Citizen, I demand all you heathens be crucified.
  • Once upon a time, a small child wanted nothing but a Captain Action action figure for Christmas. Instead, his parents gave him a cheap set of Lincoln Logs.

The End. You bastards.
    Everything about you is now so clear and sad.
  • As a Roman Citizen, happy (almost) Saturnalia.
  • As your mom, come help me with the pork roast.
  • As a rebellious vegetarian, I refuse to take part in your meat-eating non-Wiccanism.
  • As the Spanish Inquisition, I'm going to burn you heretics at the stake.

Bet you didn't expect that.
  • As a Quaker, fuck you, I'm going to the New World.
  • As a Quaker, please don't pour steaming water over me.
    Thread winner.
    It's only going to get worse. Next, he's going to rub you with molasses.
    As long as it's maple and brown sugar, I'm there.
  • His Favorite christmas story - Capital lights
    Aw shit, man. First time I heard that, I was still living in headingly, it was the day before Christmas eve, I was about a bottle and a half of rum down, and stoned as all shit in Flem's living room, Dude lived across the road, was a medical student. Good bloke. Then we walked down to that place near the Hyde Park Picture House that has the really good fried chicken and chips.
  • As an elf, I think all of you are missing the true meaning of Christmas:

LET MY PEOPLE GO
  • pt of these holiday shenanigans. As a tachyon, I have no conce
  • edited December 2010
    As a Quaker, please don't pour steaming water over me.
    As long as it's maple and brown sugar, I'm there.
    *wink wink*
    Post edited by Victor Frost on