This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Rym was right. This is the dark age of memes.

edited September 2006 in Everything Else
I just saw New Numa on Digg and, well, it saddens me. There can't be another Snakes on a Plane or another leek spin or another Numa Numa. This is the dark age of memes.

Comments

• I saw it too, there's a good side and a bad side to this. Remember how we bashed the Star Wars kid for just getting upset? At first I heard reports that the Numa Numa guy was also upset. Now it seems he's taken our advice and tried to capitalize on his fifteen minutes of fame. The problem here is that it won't work. His NewNuma has none of the charm or hilarity of the original. It's not even as good as most of the crap on YouTube. He would only have been successful if he had caught the original lightning in a bottle.

So Star Wars kid is all bad. NumaNuma had the right idea, too late. The next time this happens I can almost guarantee someone is going to get it right on the first go and make some serious cash.
  • On his website, Gary said he did not did it for money and he knew it was going to suck badly.
    Spin that leek.

/Quick 'n' dirty
  • Yeah I was alittle dissappointed to see NewNuma too, but it had some moments that were amusing. I chuckled. Atleast the production values were good.
  • How long has it been since numanuma?
  • Long enough that even the Amish know about it.
  • I'm just wondering how old that kid is, Gary.
  • A Flash-based video of American Gary Brolsma (born January 14, 1986) lip-synching the song energetically on his webcam brought the Numa Numa phenomenon to the US.
    That would make him 20 years old.
  • That proves that I'm an idiot and that Gary is too old for this.