This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Female Characters

edited January 2011 in Everything Else
Carrying on discussion from the FOTD thread.

For those of you who played ME2, I found that the female members of the main cast ran the whole gamut from really likeable (Tali and the Normandy AI.) to ok but somewhat bland (Jack and Miranda.) to just plain bad (Samara.).

I think Tali being such a solid character was what really brought home how annoying the all-good or all-bad to win morality system was on her loyalty mission. I was so annoyed that I couldn't help her out I considered going back to the pre-mission save and putting it off until my bars were better.

What does everyone else think? Did anyone actually like Samara?

Comments

• Motoko Kusanagi is the single strongest female character ever.

• I love me some female characters.
  • Ahem.
    Motoko Kusanagi is the single strongest female character ever.
    "When are you finally going to get yourself a male body?" --- Batou
  • Nausicaa and all her Miyazaki clones.
  • edited January 2011
    Carrying on discussion from the FOTD thread.

For those of you who played ME2, I found that the female members of the main cast ran the whole gamut from really likeable (Tali and the Normandy AI.) to ok but somewhat bland (Jack and Miranda.) to just plain bad (Samara.).

I think Tali being such a solid character was what really brought home how annoying the all-good or all-bad to win morality system was on her loyalty mission. I was so annoyed that I couldn't help her out I considered going back to the pre-mission save and putting it off until my bars were better.

What does everyone else think? Did anyone actually like Samara?
    Tali was my favorite character in the first game. I was bummed that I couldn't become romantically involved with her in ME, and delighted the option was available in the second game. I agree that the choices in her arc were sucky, but whatchagonando?
    Samara was really one-dimensional, but I didn't dislike her.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • Samara being male or female had nothing to do with her one dimensionality. Much in the same way I think, conceptually, Tali would have been just as strong a character if they made her male.
  • I was bummed that I couldn't become romantically involved with her in ME
    How does that even work!? The germs...I don't even.
  • edited January 2011
    I was bummed that I couldn't become romantically involved with her in ME
    How does that even work!? The germs...I don't even.
    I'm sure STD Transmission Prevention has progressed with other technologies in the ME Universe.
    Post edited by Robyn Chaos on
  • edited January 2011
    The quarians have effectively zero immunity to anything. It takes constant vaccination for their habitats to be livable, and they live in those clean suits to avoid fatal infection. Also, human food (and their residues) is irritating or toxic to them on contact.

Apparently, Tali can load up on herbal pastes, immune boosters, and antibiotics to get it on with the good Commander Shepherd.

Also, because the Major's badonkadonk has already been posted, it should be noted that Tali has dat ass...IN SPACE.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • So...this happened.
  • edited January 2011
    Post edited by Churba on
  • The asari are like a race of fanservice. They can have sex with any humanoid species in the universe and still reproduce.
  • edited January 2011
    So...this happened.
    How bad are we talking here? Is it in the range of the time I was looking for a picture of Azumanga Daioh to put on a DVD for a friend and my inner child got hit by a bus?

Garrus was awesome in ME2, I really want to work out what makes him so likeable even though he plays such a common role.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited January 2011
    How bad are we talking here?
    That artist had a lot of crotch to work with.

EDIT: I didn't even Google Image it with SafeSearch off. SafeSearch Moderate web search for "tali mass effect" (did it last night to read about the character and made the same discovery Emily made) spews a ton of Thirty-Fours in the image previews. SafeSearch is NOT doing its job.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on

Tali is really a Disney princess.
  • edited January 2011
    Obligation Post:

Is there a favorite male character thread? No.
    LAAAAAAAAME.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Obligation post:

Is there a favorite white character thread? ;^)

• Tali is really a Disney princess.
    I want a Mass Effect movie in this animation style now!