This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Male Characters

edited January 2011 in Forum Game
This thread is all about the best male characters, of course. This is created in response to this comment in the "Female Characters" thread.
Posted By: Kate MonsterObligation Post:

Is there a favorite male character thread? No.
LAAAAAAAAME.
Well Kate Monster, now there is.

My favorite male character is a toss-up between Vito Corleone in the first two Godfather films and Gordon Gekko from Wall Street. They both bring a sort of class to their illegal activities that makes them really compelling and three dimensional characters.

However, Chev Chelios is the greatest character in all fiction and non-fiction.

Comments

• My favorite character is Wanderer from Shadow of the Colossus. That sort of silent strength and sheer determination are the qualities I admire and emulate. I am always sad when I get to the last level of Shadow of the Colossus.
  • T.S. Garp is a sorrowful and confused character with words of gold.
  • Jayne.
    Cobb?
  • Jayne.
    Cobb?
    The Hero of Canton?
  • The man they call Jayne.
    Shiny. Let's be bad guys.
  • C'mon, any ass-shots of these hottie-boom-botties? ^_~
  • LOL. Adam and I often comment on the fact that True Blood has some of the least sexy sex in any television show we have ever seen.
  • I'm going to have to disagree. I don't like blondes, but Alexander Skarsgard melts my butter. I like Stephen Moyer and his strong jawed face. His ass in that pic makes me smile too.
  • Welcome to the classy male characters thread.
  • Seriously guys? Do I have to do everything around here?
  • Alexander Skarsgard
    I did a double-take on New Year's Eve when I saw him in Zoolander as one of the roommates.

I'm a sucker for the anti-hero. But the three main points of a great male character to me, are initiative, cunning, and attitude. These all must be strong, and if they are, you can make fantastic characters.
    To Jayne, the box-dropping man-ape gone wrong thing.
  • I'm going to have to disagree. I don't like blondes, but Alexander Skarsgard melts my butter. I like Stephen Moyer and his strong jawed face. His ass in that pic makes me smile too.
    The actors are all beautiful, but what they do is disgusting.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm going to have to disagree. I don't like blondes, but Alexander Skarsgard melts my butter. I like Stephen Moyer and his strong jawed face. His ass in that pic makes me smile too.
    The actors are all beautiful, but what they do is disgusting.
    I concur. I mean, men sucking other men? Preposterous! It's a mockery of the natural order, and the existence of a television show where such men are lionized shows how debauched our society has become. It's downright unnatural.

...Vampirism is morally bankrupt.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • but what they do is disgusting.
    I see someone's not into biting.
  • edited January 2011
    but what they do is disgusting.
    I see someone's not into biting.
    It isn't the biting thing, really. It is the twisting heads around 360 degrees mid-coitus, being covered in tons of gloppy blood, seeing creepy visions, whacked out crazy people going at it in giant bacchanal orgies while watching sacrifices, etc. Most of the show feels like everyone and everything is covered in a layer of rank sweat and blood clots - no sparkly, chaste vampires here.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • That's what fundies think gay sex is actually like.
  • Emperor Wakamoto.
    BlackJack. Solid Snake.
    Kratos Aurion. Gendo Ikari.
  • It isn't the biting thing, really. It is the twisting heads around 360 degrees mid-coitus, being covered in tons of gloppy blood, seeing creepy visions, whacked out crazy people going at it in giant bacchanal orgies while watching sacrifices, etc. Most of the show feels like everyone and everything is covered in a layer of rank sweat and blood clots - no sparkly, chaste Spouse-abusing vampires here.
  • whacked out crazy people going at it in giant bacchanal orgies while watching sacrifices,
    This really sounds like my kind of show.
  • whacked out crazy people going at it in giant bacchanal orgies while watching sacrifices,
    This really sounds like my kind of show.
    Oh, I love the show, but the sex isn't "sexy," at least not to me.
  • For once a meme is actually useful in describing something effectively.

Gene calls midgets douchebags and isn't afraid to kick balls.