This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 20110127 - Burger Time!

2»

Comments

• The next time you're in Seattle for PAX, try to get to Blazing Onion Burger in Mill Creek (about 30 minutes by car from PAX, 50 by bus). They serve the most amazing burgers I've ever had. Hell, some of the best food I've had period. I suggest the Wild Boar Burger, but everything on the menu's fantastic.
  • edited January 2011
    The next time you're in Seattle for PAX, try to get to Blazing Onion Burger in Mill Creek (about 30 minutes by car from PAX, 50 by bus). They serve the most amazing burgers I've ever had. Hell, some of the best food I've had period. I suggest the Wild Boar Burger, but everything on the menu's fantastic.
    Sounds amazing, but a little too far away from PAX especially since we don't have cars.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Well, that was a kinda lame Mega 64... I still think they will never top paperboy.
  • edited January 2011
    If you are ever in Long Beach, CA, go get yourself a burger at Fantastic Burger. They Live Up To Their Fucking Name, Son.

The pretty girls in tight pink tops and white short shorts didn't hurt either. ^_~
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Fucking Rym, talking so much about milkshakes I got a crazy, out-of-season craving for one.
  • out-of-season
    Milkshake season = any time that I am awake.
  • out-of-season
    Milkshake season = any time that I am awake.
    Milkshake season when you walk a significant distance to work = when your hand doesn't freeze holding said shake.
  • The next time you're in Seattle for PAX, try to get to Blazing Onion Burger in Mill Creek (about 30 minutes by car from PAX, 50 by bus). They serve the most amazing burgers I've ever had. Hell, some of the best food I've had period. I suggest the Wild Boar Burger, but everything on the menu's fantastic.
    Hmm, I will have to try this place and give a secondary report on it.
    That requires going north of Seattle. I sometimes loathe going to Seattle as is. I remember some random dude tell me that Red Mill Burger is Seattle is pretty good. Perhaps I'll go there sometime.
  • Red Mill Burger is Seattle is pretty good.
    Is it close to the convention center? There has been a distinct lack of burger eating at PAX. Yet, there is no lack of beef eating, it's just usually in steak form.
  • Red Mill Burger is Seattle is pretty good.
    Is it close to the convention center? There has been a distinct lack of burger eating at PAX. Yet, there is no lack of beef eating, it's just usually in steak form.
    No, you'd have to take a bus to either location.
  • I'm reading Beware Dangerism right now. If this is indicative of the quality of future TED Books, I'll be buying many.
  • In terms of Five Guys, I'd like them but they cost way too damn much for a burger and the fries are pretty crap.
  • Any suggestions for a good burger place in midtown that is not Shake Shack or New York Burger Co.?
  • Any suggestions for a good burger place in midtown that is not Shake Shack or New York Burger Co.?
    I just finished eating a burger from Frites and Meats, which is a truck. It is in Midtown on Mondays only. 52nd street between 6th and 7th. http://www.fritesnmeats.com/
  • I've seen them a couple of times around here on 28th & Park, haven't tried them yet. Although come to think of it, I haven't seen them around in a while... maybe they stopped coming around..?
  • On the topic of the "Beware Dangerism!", there is also a really good book along those lines called Nurtureshock that I found out about through a review in Wired. The premise is that each chapter serves to dispell some common parenting tip as a myth. The hook is that they back up all of their claims with a ton of behavioral science studies. The authors are smart about their work though and are quick to point out what makes a good study and what makes a bad study. They really understand science and it shows in their writing.

These are studies that are often cited in news stories for a day with some flashy headlines, but never actually affect change in how parents raise their kids or teachers run their classrooms. The authors provide some basic steps on how to actually use the findings.
    So I went to this place. I am disappoint. Quite honestly, for the same amount of money, I've had better burgers at Red Robin, and much much better burgers around my neighborhood. The only thing that did impress me was the way they serve though. The restaurant is really the closest thing to a fast food/full-service hybrid I've seen. When I went tonight, since I was by myself, I got sat, then had a full-service experience, but you don't have to do it that way. You can also order your food before even sitting down, then have it brought out to you, and then you can just leave whenever you want since you've already paid. Very interesting system.