This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

AB Cosplay

edited February 2011 in Everything Else
For Anime Boston, I'm considering getting a cheap pair of denim overalls and a sweet blue and yellow cap to do a simple Harvest Moon cosplay. This will be my first con, and I'm only going on Saturday (no hotel room). I don't have much of an interest in cosplay, which is why I'm planning something so simple. What I'm wondering is: how much of a bother is even a simple costume made of everyday (well, maybe not the overalls) clothes?

I'm a 16-year male, by the way.

Comments

• What I'm wondering is: how much of a bother is even a simple costume made of everyday (well, maybe not the overalls) clothes?
    Do it. Even if your costume is simple, chances are people will still stop you for pictures, which is really pretty fun and will enhance your con experience. It's also a great way to meet people.
  • Alright, I'll probably go for it then. The cost shouldn't be a problem; Salvation Army overalls with some wear and tear will look the part.
  • Forget Harvest Moon! Make a giant KK Slider head and BE KK SLIDER!
  • I'm not getting changed there, so whatever I'm wearing at the event I'm wearing on the train ride there and back. My testicles are only large enough to allow me to wear the overalls, and they'll only ok those because they're countered by the stylin' hat.
  • edited February 2011
    Do it. Even if your costume is simple, chances are people will still stop you for pictures, which is really pretty fun and will enhance your con experience.
    It's funny. One time I just wore my Hikaru no Go T-shirt (it is like the one he wears in the beginning, yellow with a big 5 on it), and a bunch of people stopped me to take pictures. Same when I wore a normal plaid skirt.
    Post edited by gomidog on