This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Night of New Play Readings Sat, Feb 19th

To all in the NYC area not attending Katsucon,

What: Between Us Productions Staged Reading
Date: Saturday, Feb. 19th
Where: Director's Company, 311w 43rd suite 409
Time: 8pm
Free wine/soda with ticket purchase

Reason Being: A new one-act play I've written, "St. Patrick Battles the Bearded Serpent," is being presented as a staged-reading during a night of theater in the intimate space mentioned above. It's my first new play in a long time, and it feels good to finally be pursuing the craft I came to NY to explore. (As most of you know, Uncle Yo was started on a dare and accidentally expanded.)

Synopsis: The most historically inaccurate retelling of St. Patrick's conversion of the Irish possible, written in the tradition of every action movie I've ever loved. Simply put, St. Patrick assaults Irish by shaving every beard he comes across. In his very manly journey he attacks barbarians, kings, druids, nine-year old girls and a giant Pagan snake with a beard! Being it's only a staged reading I can't get the pyrotechnics, scenery or puppets from my original vision. But I can promise laughs and antics of exquisite tom-foolery. I am very proud of the ensuing silliness and the cast and director for their hard work.

Comments