This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Must bring DS games for PAX East 2011

edited February 2011 in Everything Else
Thoughts?

Last every other person was playing pokemon and zapping each other with those lil key chains. Even though i'm not a pokemon fan, i still felt like i was missing out and wish i had a copy.

Whats gonna be the hotness this year?

Comments

• DS games? Bomberman and Pokemon still I'd say.
  • edited February 2011
    Mario Kart DS, Tetris, Bomberman, Plants VS. Zombies came out last month and has multiplayer w/ and w/o cartridges, Puzzle Quest 2, and Pokemon.

I'm also going to shit talk majorly, if you challenge me at Tetris, I will DESTROY you.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Much like PAX Prime last year, I imagine DQIX will still be big, though it will probably wane off by the time PAX Prime comes again this year. Should still be a good chunk of the gaming at PAX East though.
  • Plants VS. Zombies came out last month and has multiplayer w/ and w/o cartridges
    How does that work?
  • Plants VS. Zombies came out last month and has multiplayer w/ and w/o cartridges
    How does that work?
    I don't know I haven't tried it. I'll try to play vs. Jeremy tonight and let you know.
  • Since Pokemon Black & White are being released the Sunday before PAX East, I'm going to safely assume that those will be very popular.
  • Am I going to be the only one with my Game Boy Color at PAX East?
  • Am I going to be the only one with my Game Boy Color at PAX East?
    No, not really. You're not a unique snowflake.

There will be people using original Game Boys doing some sort of awesome bit music of some sort. Guaranteed.
    How does that work?
    So yeah, from just a quick glance, on VS. play, one person plays as the Plants and the other as the Zombies. You can select Quick Play, Custom Battle, or Random Battle.

The player who picked Zombies of course has to get their way to the house to eat brains, while the Plants have to kill Zombies with destroying Zombies that are holding targets on the other side.

The Plants collect sun to plant while the Zombies can collect falling brains from the sky to call more Zombies. The Zombies also have a shield that's a gravestone which is similar to the Wall-nut that costs 50.

There was some lag during the play, but it's a pretty cool option.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm also going to shit talk majorly, if you challenge me at Tetris, I will DESTROY you.
    Bring Tetris so Ro can school you as hard as she schooled me and Scott.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I'm also going to shit talk majorly, if you challenge me at Tetris, I will DESTROY you.
    Bullshit. I wish I was coming to PAXE so I could take you on. What's your high score in marathon?
  • edited February 2011

Edit: I just played again for shits and giggles. I have a new high score now.

Post edited by Rochelle on