This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Anyone else getting errors?

edited February 2011 in Forum Stuff
Sometimes I'm browsing the forum and I get some errors. When I reload it works. Is that just this Internet connection at work, or is anyone else seeing that? Just need to know if there is something I need to fix.

Comments

• I never get errors on this forum.
  • I never get errors on this forum.
  • Ok, my fail.
  • I get the occasional failure to load, but that could be as easily my connection as anything to do with the site.
  • I get the occasional failure to load, but that could be as easily my connection as anything to do with the site.
    Ah! That's what I"m getting also.
  • edited February 2011
    Not errors like "something is broken" messages, but...

The only error that I get with any kind of regularity is the one where when you quote someone's formatted text the spaces on either side of the formatting are removed. It's not an error message; it's just something that seems to be broken with the quoting code. Try quoting this sentence if you haven't noticed it. The spaces before "this" and after "sentence will be gone in the quote.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • The only error that I get with any kind of regularity is the one where when you quote someone's formatted text the spaces on either side of the formatting are removed. It's not an error message; it's just something that seems to be broken with the quoting code. Try quotingthis sentenceif you haven't noticed it. The spaces before "this" and after "sentence will be gone in the quote.
    This annoys me so much.
  • Ah! That's what I"m getting also.
    If it's any help, it's been more common over the last week or so.
  • I can fix that.
  • Try using Netscape Navigator.
  • Ah! That's what I"m getting also.
    If it's any help, it's been more common over the last week or so.
    Well, forum usage has greatly increased, you nuts you.
  • Well, forum usage has greatly increased, you nuts you.
    That's true. I don't know if this is a forum problem, a scaling problem, a connection problem, or what's going on - Tech at this level is definitely your area, not mine.
  • Well, forum usage has greatly increased, you nuts you.
    That's true. I don't know if this is a forum problem, a scaling problem, a connection problem, or what's going on - Tech at this level is definitely your area, not mine.
    If it keeps happening, let me know.
  • I just got the error when I followed a link to Reddit, so this forum is not at fault.
  • Not errors like "something is broken" messages, but...

The only error that I get with any kind of regularity is the one where when you quote someone's formatted text the spaces on either side of the formatting are removed. It's not an error message; it's just something that seems to be broken with the quoting code. Try quoting this sentence if you haven't noticed it. The spaces before "this" and after "sentence will be gone in the quote.
    I fixed this.
  • I actually got some cached version of the forums every day from work. I wasn't quite sure what was up with that, but based on what I'm seeing now the forums were not in-fact down. I'll have to investigate again tomorrow.
  • I setup cloudflare for the forums. That is the reason for any weirdness.
  • Yeah, I got the cloudflare page 100% of the time, even after clearing cache, from work.
  • Randomly getting Cloudflare errors splattered over the page, even though it loaded fine is annoying as shit. So what if the AJAX (or whatever in this case) failed, just fucking shut up plzkthx.
  • I was getting the Cloudflare cache consistently on campus today.
  • If it helps, I didn't even know you set up CloudFlare. I'm on Verizon DSL, if that helps or anyone cares.
  • I was getting the Cloudflare cache consistently on campus today.
    I believe you, but I have yet to see it myself.
  • I saw the Cloudflare earlier today but it went away with a refresh.
  • I saw it while I was at work (~2:30), but it was gone by the time I got home.
  • This Cloudflare thing popped up for me today. It took a few refreshes to get rid of it. It's very annoying to do this, especially on satellite internet.
  • I've had it come and go, but never for very long.
  • It's been coming and going on my work computer only for about 2 weeks now. Just refresh a few times to clear it.
  • Yeah Im getting errors.... theyre called your posts!!!
  • RymRym
    edited May 2012
    Post edited by Rym on
  • How is it that he didn't get posted until 30 posts in?