This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

contradicting favorites

2»

Comments

• Jackie Chan once said "I love fighting, but I hate violence." I agree! I love watching Jackie Chan fight, as it often involves some of the most creative body movement, stunts and object manipulation captured on film, but very little blood and bullets.
  • edited February 2011
    Jackie Chan once said "I love fighting, but I hate violence." I agree! I love watching Jackie Chan fight, as it often involves some of the most creative body movement, stunts and object manipulation captured on film, but very little blood and bullets.
    I love watching displays of strength, agility, and athleticism in general. Martial arts shows both beauty and strength of the human body.
    Also, I have this secret wish to be a real badass, but only for defense. My philosophy on getting into fights is much the same as my philosophy on pacifism. I am not a total pacifist, but I think one should almost never strike first, and try to neutralize the threat with as little damage as possible. Rym calls it Pummelepathy. Not so much straight "I will not fight" pacifism, but protecting yourself and if someone tries to kill you, you hit them until they stop trying to kill you and become a good person.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Also, I have this secret wish to be a real badass, but only for defense. My philosophy on getting into fights is much the same as my philosophy on pacifism. I am not a total pacifist, but I think one should almost never strike first, and try to neutralize the threat with as little damage as possible. Rym calls it Pummelepathy. Not so much straight "I will not fight" pacifism, but protecting yourself and if someone tries to kill you, you hit them until they stop trying to kill you and become a good person.
    I call that Vash-The-Stampede-ism.
  • Jackie Chan once said "I love fighting, but I hate violence." I agree! I love watching Jackie Chan fight, as it often involves some of the most creative body movement, stunts and object manipulation captured on film, but very little blood and bullets.
    Have to agree. Also, my favorite color is blue, but my favorite kind of day is when the sky is overcast with a drab grayish white.

And for spaceships:
  • my favorite kind of day is when the sky is overcast with a drab grayish white
    If you also like drab rain, you would love to live in England.
  • edited February 2011
    my favorite kind of day is when the sky is overcast with a drab grayish white
    If you also like drab rain, you would love to live in England.
    I do. And I definitely wouldn't mind living in England. I hear its cold there a lot, too. I'm in Texas. It doesn't get cold here a lot. Which is bad because I also like the cold.
    Post edited by Xefas on
  • Loving this, turned up on concept ships today.