This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Taboo Words! Discuss

2»

Comments

• Ancient web video or not, Tokyo Breakfast is required annual viewing. It's good to relive the old memes sometimes.
  • Isnt Japan pretty racist anyway?
  • Taboo words in an appropriate context.
  • edited February 2011
    If there's one show that I will cop to "just not understanding" it's All in the Family, to me, it's about as funny as I Love Mallory.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • You do know I Love Mallory is not a real show... All in the Family is funny because it exposes how stupid racist ideas are.
  • All in the Family is funny because it exposes how stupid racist ideas are.
    That was always the point.
  • If you are under the age of 25, watch All In the Family to finally understand your grandparents.
  • My grandparents were never like Archie. I have a barber who is, however. He once, while criticizing the president, called Obama a "mulatto" to a room of nodding older white men.

He exclusively watches Fox News, as well.
  • My grandparents were never like Archie. I have a barber who is, however. He once, while criticizing the president, called Obama a "mulatto" to a room of nodding older white men.
    I hadn't heard that word before.
  • It means half black half white. Then you have a quadroon and octoroon
  • edited February 2011
    Yeah, I looked it up as soon as I noticed it; the other two I knew, or at least their meanings are obvious anyway.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Wait, cunt is considered the worst in America? I should stop yelling that while playings videojames in my dorm room.
  • Yeah, Cunt is definitely the worst in America. Many women believe it to be the most offensive word because it specifically relates to them. Perhaps it has to do with the way it can be pronounced so frankly. But I know in other countries, the word "cunt" is like calling someone a dummy.

I think along with this, you should cover how the words "faggot" or "retard" can be really offensive to some people.
  • Is "Rapetacular." a word? I'm sure I could offend someone with it.
  • Is "Rapetacular." a word? I'm sure I could offend someone with it.
    As in, "Hey man did you see me on that episode of Toddlers, and Tiaras? It was rapetacular! Man if Chris Hanson wasn't there it would have been even better."
  • Toddlers, and Tiaras
    Going by the name, I'm pretty sure this is going to offend me. Is it in the same vein as Little Miss Sunshine?
  • Toddlers, and Tiaras
    Going by the name, I'm pretty sure this is going to offend me. Is it in the same vein as Little Miss Sunshine?
    Worse, becuase it's not funny just really really sad.
  • It is a terrible terrible terrible show. Where mothers force their toddler age daughters to preform in pageants. The little girls have breakdowns and cry and say they dont want to do it. Then they cut to the mom and gay dad and say "Oh she just loves it". Then when they are preforming the Mothers stand off stage and do the preform the routine their daughter is doing. Some of the outfits they force 2-3 year olds to wear would make a stripper blush. These women need to be sterilized.
  • It is a terrible terrible terrible show. Where mothers force their toddler age daughters to preform in pageants. The little girls have breakdowns and cry and say they dont want to do it. Then they cut to the mom and gay dad and say "Oh she just loves it". Then when they are preforming the Mothers stand off stage and do the preform the routine their daughter is doing. Some of the outfits they force 2-3 year olds to wear would make a stripper blush. These women need to be sterilized.
    I've seen this show. So, so sad...
  • Is is just bad or train-wreck freak-show bad?
  • Dudebro might have something to say about this show.
  • Is is just bad or train-wreck freak-show bad?
    It goes past "train-wreck freak-show bad" all the way to worse than bad.
  • Both. It is like if a bus full of sideshow freaks hit a bunch of orphans crossing the street, but the orpahns were nazi sex slaves. Then it caught on fire.
  • edited February 2011
    OK, excellent All In the Family video. What a show. Top to bottom genius. I look at Archie and I get two words: Hello Grandpa! :D

Archie Bunker was brilliant, he was like a vaccine - a little bit of the virus so the main body could recognize and reject the virus in ourselves. And he was hilarious doing it, at a time when we didn't instantly recognize these things.

Also:
    Post edited by TorontoKev on
  • Yeah, Cunt is definitely the worst in America. Many women believe it to be the most offensive word because it specifically relates to them. Perhaps it has to do with the way it can be pronounced so frankly. But I know in other countries, the word "cunt" is like calling someone a dummy.
    I definitely use "cunt" and "twat" openly in public, especially in bars with friends. I'm taking those words back. Shakespeare demands it.