This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Goodbye to the Last Arcade: Chinatown Fair is closed.

2»

Comments

• But the young kids need a place to hang out instead of just at the mall, so it could work.
    How about arcades that also include some tables, for tabletop gaming action? Maybe like a lounge type area? Serve some coffee? Open wi-fi?

I could see it working.
  • Forget the youth. Those who actually remember arcades are all of drinking age. I, for one, would much rather go to an arcade where I do not have to worry about punk kids running around and can sit down and enjoy a game of pacman with a nice fine Belgian ale.
  • edited March 2011
    Forget the youth. Those who actually remember arcades are all of drinking age. I, for one, would much rather go to an arcade where I do not have to worry about punk kids running around and can sit down and enjoy a game of pacman with a nice fine Belgian ale.
    This, except wine and not ale.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited March 2011
    But the young kids need a place to hang out instead of just at the mall, so it could work.
    How about arcades that also include some tables, for tabletop gaming action? Maybe like a lounge type area? Serve some coffee? Open wi-fi?

I could see it working.
    You mean a coffeehouse with a room off the back that has some arcade machines? This could work.

Edit: Also, when we are ancient, decrepit, and running our retirement communities, we must make sure that the clubhouse has a fully stocked arcade. Let's see how arthritis affects your street fighter skills.
    Post edited by Matt on
  • edited March 2011
    There is a pinball arcade that's only been open a few months. And it's awesome. Even though it's an arcade for mostly pinball machines. The arcade also has decent old school video games as well. Who ever owns and runs the place also restores and fixes the machines as well. With their workshop being on the 2nd floor. Also at the moment the arcade allows BYOB. Pinballz
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • edited March 2011
    Man, the retro arcade museum in Beacon closed too, because of a stupid anti-pinball law.
    Aww nuts.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • You guys have to come down to the pinball museum in Asbury Park, NJ this summer. I'll show you around. And by this summer I mean June or earlier, as I'll be in "new baby mode" for several weeks come July.
  • Man, the retro arcade museum in Beacon closed too, because of a stupid anti-pinball law.
    Aww nuts.
    Anti-pinball law? Let's just ban fun while we are at.