This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The latest Apple announcement...

2»

Comments

• Oh, also unlock your Mac just by having your iWatch near it. FBI so happy.
  • edited June 2016
    LOL, you can only watch the live stream on Safari.
    Apreche said:

So many updates to Siri. Why do they even bother? Are people actually using it? I immediately completely disable it on every Apple device I use, and plan to do so forever. I've never seen anyone talk to their phone or watch outside of a Siri demo.

Chris used it a lot when she had a 4S.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • The Swift coding on iOS is pretty cool.
  • MATATAT said:

The Swift coding on iOS is pretty cool.

I was initially excited, but it doesn't seem like you can actually make an app and get it in the app store without a Mac.

• Apreche said:

MATATAT said:

The Swift coding on iOS is pretty cool.

I was initially excited, but it doesn't seem like you can actually make an app and get it in the app store without a Mac.

And $100/yr
  • I use Siri about 20 or 30 times a day. It's my default way to search for anything, even if I have my laptop in front of me. Also for setting timers, alarms, etc.

Swift and Xcode on the iPad seems like it will be on the way in the future. The coding keyboard which doesn't need a shift key will be super slick when real programmers get to use it for more serious projects.
  • Yeah, I dunno. Seems more like a tutorial tool where you could also make POCs. But that's still a pretty decent way to introduce kids to programming more.