This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The regular show.

edited March 2011 in Movies
Not as good as Adventure time, better than My little pony and a great time in Nostalgia and exploring the new and unknown. It's the regular show, about 2 23 year olds named Rigby and Mordicia. One's a bird and the other is a racoon. They work at a city park doing odd jobs for their spiteful boss, a gum ball machine named Benson.
Shit be fucked in this wiggidy whack show. I don't think theres ever been a show so life like in its character interactions yet you ridiculous in its premise.
The Regular show, Pretty damn good.

Comments

• Archer, The Regular Show, MLP:FiM and Adventure Time are the best shows on TV right now.
  • I assume you mean best animated shows.. Because Community is still on.
  • edited March 2011
    Yeah, I really love this show. I find myself watching it more than Adventure Time, even though I agree that AT is better.

I think this and the Fist Pump episode are my favorites.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Archer, The Regular Show, MLP:FiM and Adventure Time are the best shows on TV right now.
    As the resident Parks and Recreation fanboy, I must point out that Parks and Rec is still on as well.
  • This is honestly a great addition to CN's current lineup. It's good to know that the network hasn't forsaken good things.

You know who else likes this show?
    MY MOM!
  • Destructoid has this really good article about how Regular Show's connection to gaming.
  • I assume you mean best animated shows.. Because Community is still on.
    Yes, Portlandia is my favorite non-animated show.
    As the resident Parks and Recreation fanboy, I must point out that Parks and Rec is still on as well.
    30 Rock is still on. And I know I will probably get hate for it but Glee rocks.
  • This was how JG Quintel came up with Regular Show:

• I'm really glad they changed the character of Benson,
    I don't know why but the angry gumball boss just is a very likable character.
  • Yeah.

Also awesome: the Death Punch of Death episode.
  • edited March 2011
    Destructoid has this really good article about how Regular Show's connection to gaming.
    Such a great article. Regular Show is such a great show for any retro gamer (also any gamers who grew up in the 80s or early 90s).

Anyways...

1. It's just "Regular Show". Not "The Regular Show"...I guess it's not really a big deal but it really bugs me.

2. Also, it's "Mordecai", not "Mordicia".

3. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than Adventure Time, IMO. This show might not have a deep plot, but it's leaps and bounds funnier and more entertaining. I haven't found myself laughing at any TV show ever as much as I have laughed at Regular Show.

Windupbird- also watch A Naive Man in Lolliland. It's about Pops. Not as good as 2 in the AM PM if you ask me though, but still worth watching.

Season 1 was fantastic, and season 2 is even better IMO. I'm really glad that Cartoon Network has Regular Show signed for 3 seasons. It deserves it.

My favorites parts are when Mordecai and Rigby go "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" and wave their hands in the air. Me and my best friend have been doing that for years (I have no idea how or why we started it lol) so seeing this in the show makes me laugh my ass off. I can draw a lot of similarities between me and said friend and Modecai and Rigby. It's not like "dude I'm Mordecai and you're definitely Rigby", we just share characteristics of both characters. In addition to the humor, being able to relate to the characters really makes me jizz my pants over this show.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • The song from tonight's episode is stuck in my head. Got dammit!

Anyway, I'm a big fan of this show and think I can say this is my favorite. (Now that Sym-bionic Titan is cancelled. Fuckers.)
  • I was surprised watching it that they could get away with saying pissed in a kids cartoon.
  • edited March 2011
    They get away with so much. "This game is a piece", "this blows", "you know who else likes fooling around? MY MOM", so on and so forth. It's TV PG after all. They make beer references with the Party Pete episode with the outdated cola. Actually, I think all cola in the show is a beer reference.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • Actually, I think all cola in the show is a beer reference.
    Yeah. Like in "Mordecai and the Rigbies" when Mordecai doesn't remember agreeing to start a band, and Rigby flashes back to the night before, and Mordecai is super-enthusiastic about it--While surrounded by a huge pile of soda cans.