This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Announcement: Introducing the Bucket Brothers!

edited March 2011 in Everything Else
It's official: We are adopting twin brothers! They were left in a bucket in the snow in Rochester, but luckily a nice lady took the darling foundlings in. Rym and I have been talking to her for about a month, and last weekend I finally got to meet them! They are coming to live with us in a few weeks.

Meet Theoden and Wim (aka Tylor),
(...They are of course rabbits.)
Here's the video the adoption people made for them. It has SRS business rescue shelter text, but look at the pictures! This is the boys when they were first picked up.
Vxj__b1HX2c

Comments

• D'awwwwwwwwww (Times infinity!)
  • OMG!

So adorable. Congrats! Yay for pets.
  • D'awwwwwwwwww (Times infinity!)
  • I just saw the youtube vid from my phone.

Tears from melting due to adorableness.
  • Congrats! Pairs are always much happier in my experience. They look like they have at least a little Lionhead in them too.
  • They need some fucking haircuts.
  • Saw this as a related video. WTF!?!
  • You guys should film your picking them up/arrival. I'd like to see video of these little guys.
  • OMG BUNNEHS!
  • edited March 2011
    Congrats! Pairs are always much happier in my experience. They look like they have at least a little Lionhead in them too.
    That's why I first started looking into them on the adoption site my mom sent, because they are a bonded pair! I wanted to get two rabbits, who could keep each other company while we were at work. (They need to get neutered soon, though, for though they haven't started fighting, the hormones are starting to kick in.) I didn't know about their sad origin story until a little later. We think they are definitely part lionhead, or maybe some sort of angora mut. I love their woolly heads! I want you to come back East soon so you can pat them and I can pat your bunnies and kitties in return.
    They need some fucking haircuts.
    Total J-rock hair, right?
    Saw this as a related video. WTF!?!
    Oh, Flemish Giants, you never cease to amuse. This breed is actually super laid back. My film teacher had one, and we had a picture it sitting next to his big stuffed Totoro toy on the couch. I can't believe there is a bunny that allows tummy rubs. He must be tranced.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Awwww, Bunnies!! :3
  • ^___^
  • Awww! You told me about these bunnies, but I haven't seen pictures until now. Soooo cute! I think it will be impossible for you to get mad at them when they jump all over things.
  • Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Those are some really nice photos by the way. You could make a calendar.
  • Those are some really nice photos by the way. You could make a calendar.
    New geeknights merch: The Bucket Bro's Calendar.
  • edited March 2011
    D'awwww... they're cuties. However I think I'll hold out for the eventual sequel: Super Bucket Bros. 3

EDIT: Although if you make a Bucket Brother calender with the bunnies in a Kuribo's Shoe, I'd buy a copy.
    Post edited by ColombianShadow on
  • awwww. They're so poofy!
  • Congrats! They look adorable.
  • Theo and Wim moved in with us! They are cute and adorable, and are getting used to stuff.
  • Awwwwww......
  • Aww, hurray! You should take some Emily, Rym, and the Bucket Bros photos once they're all comfortable in the apartment.