This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Save a Fuzzy Angora Darling

edited March 2011 in Everything Else
So, tomorrow night, I am going to be picking up a parcel in a rest stop parking lot on the thruway for secret transport across the state to a safe-house. I wonder if I could interest any of the forum in the contents of said valuable package at some point in the future? Heheh.

No, for serious, my bunny contacts at the House Rabbit Society just rescued a pretty angora doe from a bunny mill. She had been overbred to the point of having her litters stillborn from malnutrition and so the owners were going to kill her, but the HRS offered to take her and put her in a foster home. I'm picking her up and dropping her off with the lady who has been fostering Theo and Wim, but in a few months time they are going to be looking for a new home for her. Anybody interested in adopting a little wool bunny?

Comments

I mean, seriously. Look at them!
  • That can't be real!Too much poofiness and cute!
  • Ahhhhh! I can't have pets!

I will X-post to some of my NY/NJ fiber-loving friends, if that's all right with you.
  • Totally. I figured what with you busy with law school and renting a place it would be tough for you. Totally hit up the yarn people, see if they want a house rabbit that they can love and groom.
  • I totally read the title of this thread like "Save a fuzzy angora, Dah-ling".

Also, Soooo Poofy!
  • Totally. I figured what with you busy with law school and renting a place it would be tough for you. Totally hit up the yarn people, see if they want a house rabbit that they can love and groom.
    You can also talk to people tonight! Good timing.
  • Rabbit is safe and sound at her new foster home. She stayed over at my house during Friday night, and my mom fixed her up a little pen. She is HUGE and apricot colored, and really, really friendly. Unfortunately her crappy owners had totally neglected her and her long fur was basically matted into felt. I think it's okay, though, because the lady who took her was the same one who fostered my bucket brothers, and so the haircut and grooming will take her mind off missing the boys. It took about 3 hours just to clip the knots off half her body! She was basically a dreadlocked rabbit.
  • Awww, poor girl. :( Oh man, I wish I was able to take her in.
  • I'm glad Monsieur d' Fluffyface found a good home. :)

As for angora rabbits in general, I was just telling Alex, "it looks like a rabbit wearing a rabbit-parka!"
  • edited April 2011
    That rabbit looks like a giant tribble. So cute.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited April 2011
    Awww, poor girl. :( Oh man, I wish I was able to take her in.
    Yeah, but I bet Emily will totally give you access to the bunny's fiber. Plus, a short train ride and you can visit!
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Cute, but my dogs would eat it. :\
  • edited April 2011
    I don't have the bunny any more. Bunny is in Rochester at foster mom's house. You don't want her fiber until it grows back in, either. It was in dreads.

Also, Adam, this rabbit is bigger than your dogs. Not to say that it would be a good idea to introduce them, but she is a large rabbit. When she stands up, she comes past my knees!
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Wow. Gigarabit.
    Still, it's unknown how my little 'hunters' would respond to a rodent, despite it's fluff and size. Course, there's always this possibility:
  • Awww, poor girl. :( Oh man, I wish I was able to take her in.
    Yeah, but I bet Emily will totally give you access to the bunny's fiber. Plus, a short train ride and you can visit!
    Yah, it's not Emily's bunny. Fiber wouldn't be very good until she gets healthy anyway. I just have a soft spot for big, fluffy bunnies and abused animals.
  • rodent
    Incorrect. Lagomorph. Hare/Pika/Rabbit family.
  • I wonder if I could interest any of the forum in the contents of said valuable package at some point in the future? Heheh.
    The bunny is probably a crack mule. This is Emily we're talking about.
  • "D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
  • The bunny is probably a crack mule. This is Emily we're talking about.
    She is valuable for her own merits. Bunnies are worth much more than mere crack!