This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hail Eris!

Comments

• Well, I was thinking that it would be really cool if the outermost planet were named after Janus, god of borders and doorways, but this is cool too.
  • Well, I was thinking that it would be really cool if the outermost planet were named after Janus, god of borders and doorways, but this is cool too.
    No, for Janus we have to wait for a planet with two faces. Perhaps a planet where one half is a paradise and the other side is a desert wasteland.
  • Hail Eris.

/got nothin'
  • Fnord!

/got discordia
  • Does this mean the planet is made entirely out of flax?
  • Hail Aeris!
  • Fnord Prefect
  • *Shines up his golden apple that reads "To The Prettiest"*

Should I give this to Xena or Gabrielle?
  • LONG LIVE XENA!
  • I'm completely happy they changed this. If Xena and Gabrielle had stuck around, guaranteed we would have seen a binary star system named Kirk and Spock within 5 years, and probably a star system named for the X-Men soon afterwards. Gah... No, Eris and Dysnomia are most welcome in my stellar taxonomy.

As for the rest of this thread, it's all true. Even the false stuff.
  • LONG LIVE XENU!
    Hail Xenu!
  • I'm completely happy they changed this. If Xena and Gabrielle had stuck around, guaranteed we would have seen a binary star system named Kirk and Spock within 5 years
    What's wrong with that? Don't you think it would get more people interested in science?
  • I'm completely happy they changed this. If Xena and Gabrielle had stuck around, guaranteed we would have seen a binary star system named Kirk and Spock within 5 years
    What's wrong with that? Don't you think it would get more people interested in science?
    But then...Then, the planet chewbacca will exist!

O noes!
  • What's wrong with that? Don't you think it would get more people interested in science?
    I don't really care whether it gets people interested in science. It would, IMNSHO, be stupid.