This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

iOS Carcassonne

edited April 2011 in Video Games
Does anyone here have the iOS Carcassonne? If so, why aren't we playing?

Share your user name and lets get some Front Row Crew games going, unfortunately it uses email to manage friends, mine is: Gundampilotspaz at gmail.com

Also, if you have an iOS device and don't have Carcassonne then you should buy it. Network gaming is set up so games are played passively and makes it easy to play multiple games at the same time.

Comments

• Too fucking expensive for $10 and it doesn't even come with expansions. If it ever goes on sale for $5, I might consider buying it. For now I'll just play it either with my own copy or on XBLA.
  • I think I got it for $5 in some introductory offer. Even at $10 this app has got more use than any other app I've acquired. I'd say it's great value. I think we have become to used to the .99c app. If it's more than a dollar it's overpriced.
  • I think I got it for $5 in some introductory offer. Even at $10 this app has got more use than any other app I've acquired. I'd say it's great value. I think we have become to used to the .99c app. If it's more than a dollar it's overpriced.
    If the game came with all the expansions as well as rules customization to where I can play with the tiles from the sets but with base rules, I might consider buying it for $10. It's still too much at $10 for a base set.
    I think we have become to used to the .99c app. If it's more than a dollar it's overpriced.
    No, I would have more than likely purchased it if was $5. I just think for just the base set at $10 is overpriced.
  • My yardstick is that I've spent more time playing this game than I have any of my console games at 60 dollars a pop.

I am surprised there have been no expansions for this game yet. Settlers has seafarers already.
  • I've gotten so, so much use out of this app but I also got it for $5. I know I've gotten $10+ worth of use out of it but I totally agree with Ro. It's weird and irrational I know, but I have this mental block where I can't justify spending that sort of money on an app. Maybe it's because I still view phone games as a "while I wait" activity. I don't relax as much when I'm holding the phone in my hand. It's just associated with too much of real life (not to mention most games don't suppress notifications of said real life).
  • Maybe it's because I still view phone games as a "while I wait" activity. I don't relax as much when I'm holding the phone in my hand. It's just associated with too much of real life (not to mention most games don't suppress notifications of said real life).
    Same here.
  • Seems like the difference is that I play it on an iPad which is solely used for relaxation!