This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

A Wii Event

edited September 2006 in Everything Else
A lotta Wii info hit today like it's $250 dollar price, November 19 release date, and the inclusion of Wii sports with the console.
1up.com
Gamespot

Comments

• It's preorder time.
  • Eh, I think I am sitting this one out. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Wii Sports are the only games I am inerested until around next year when Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Mario Galaxy come out and I just honestly do not think two games can carry a console for an entire year.

My plan...
    -Xbox 360 x-mas '06
    -Wii x-mas '07
    -PS3 x-mas '08
  • Wii - $250
    Games - $50
    Sony crapping their pants - pricele$$
  • Wii sports
    *snicker*

Totally getting this bad boy at launch.
  • November 19th looks like it'll be quite the day. Zelda: Twilight Princess, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, a classic controller and a bunch of virtual console games. Wii!
  • Some great news. The Wii will be region free.
  • November 19th looks like it'll be quite the day. Zelda: Twilight Princess, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, a classic controller and a bunch of virtual console games. Wii!
    Even though it will be a fun day....my wallet will be crying all the way home. :(
  • Apparently the 30th in Australia. Link.
  • At least its not like 4-5 months later than the american release...*cough*PS3*cough*
  • I'll be amazed if Sony actually manages to make the November 17th release at all.
  • I'll be amazed if Sony actually manages to make the November 17th release at all.
    I will be impressed if anyone cares.
  • edited September 2006
    I'll be amazed if Sony actually manages to make the November 17th release at all.
    I will be impressed if anyone cares.
    Not me, I'll probably cash in my PSP as well and get a DS Lite to go with the Wii.
    See ya, Sony.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited September 2006
    Post edited by baltmatrix on
  • And just like that the pre-orders are all gone. :(

But I got mine. HA HA!!!
  • Did anyone see the price tag on additional Wii-motes and nunchucks? $60 for the package is quite pricey.
  • Did anyone see the price tag on additional Wii-motes and nunchucks? $60 for the package is quite pricey.
    Accessories have always been a very high-margin business. Considering that a wireless XBox 360 controller costs $40 or $50, it's not so bad. The Wii controller has a speaker in it and some other stuff that obviously makes it more expensive than a normal controller. If you don't like it, wait and buy a crappy 3rd party controller. Personally, I don't buy 3rd party accessories for game consoles. It always ends in tears.
  • I'm holding out until the new Pokemon Battle game comes out for the Wii.

I've already seen the screen shots and it looks cool!
    Accessories have always been a very high-margin business. Considering that a wireless XBox 360 controller costs $40 or $50, it's not so bad. The Wii controller has a speaker in it and some other stuff that obviously makes it more expensive than a normal controller. If you don't like it, wait and buy a crappy 3rd party controller. Personally, I don't buy 3rd party accessories for game consoles. It always ends in tears.
    I agree that 3rd party accessories suck (Madcatz anyone?) but even a $10 price drop seems reasonable. It's just interesting that the controllers are more expensive than the games.

BTW did anyone else see that the Wii will support flash games :)
  • edited September 2006
    And just like that the pre-orders are all gone. :(

But I got mine. HA HA!!!
    Ah! I signed up for the mailing list for when it became available for preorder but didn't hear a word! Dammit!
    Post edited by Phantasos on
  • What I don't understand is this weird and sudden hatred I'm seeing online for Nintendo 'cause the Wii isn't $200, and 'cause they are actually making a profit on the hardware at launch day. Seemed like everyone loved Nintendo before this press conference and then suddenly people start popping up and bashing them...

*sigh*

I guess that's just how the internet is...
  • I got an email today, cause I'm a member of the Nintendo Members Club, its very exclusive. Australian launch date - 7th of December. Price $399.95 which includes...
    "The price includes one wireless Wii Remote controller, one Nunchukâ„¢ controller and the groundbreaking collection of five different Wii Sports games on one disc, which anyone can play using simple movements, experienced or not."

Here is the link.
  • I'm not planning to get the Wii for at least a couple of months.
  • Go Wii!!^^ I will probably not get it for at least a couple months as well.
  • It comes out just before my birthday, hmm...
  • Yesterday I preordered a Wii at the Nintendo World Store.
  • I'll preorder mine when I go get Okami tuesday.