This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Moratoria and New Rules

2»

Comments

• edited April 2011
    While we're on the subject of kids these days with their blasted swing music, I've not got much against hipsters. Any social movement that makes a distinct point of not interacting with me and leaves me at no disadvantage is free to dress as they please.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Fuck this royal wedding nonsense.
    NO! Bad Pete. We care about good looking girls with nice legs and excellent fashion sense. We likes them, don't we? Yeeessss, preciousssss.
  • Let us now return to a time when hipster meant these:

And re "awesome:" Eddie Izzard has this covered.
  • Today at lunch, I used the subway. I actually saw a guy (not a young guy - unless approximately forty years old is young) wearing a DISHRAG on his head. I don't usually see this until about July.

Now, do you understand? Not a scarf, not a bandana, not some young-guy fashion thing, but an actual kitchen dishrag you'd use to wash dishes. I hate this. I have never seen anything more stupid looking.
  • I have never seen or heard of this dishrag hat fashion until now.
  • The word "hipster" has lost all meaning and people need to stop using it.
    There's a washing list of overused now-meaningless terms. To restrict it to just "hipster" is counter productive. Add "bloody cunt", "dead weight", "obnoxious offal", "annoying squicks", "lay-about waste", "NEDM kids", "trash'd-bags" and of course "zoophiles", just to give a few.

I'll be pining for the old days when we just called them hippies if you don't mind.
  • edited April 2011
    I have never seen or heard of this dishrag hat fashion until now.
    . . . except that the people I see are wearing the dishrags out in public, and they don't seem to take them off when they dry out. They just wear them constantly.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I want a moratorium on law school exams. Specifically, ones related to federal income tax.
  • You should have adapted to the status quo by now.
    Adapted to? He saw them live in concert.
    There's a washing list of overused now-meaningless terms. To restrict it to just "hipster" is counter productive. Add "bloody cunt", "dead weight", "obnoxious offal", "annoying squicks", "lay-about waste", "NEDM kids", "trash'd-bags" and of course "zoophiles", just to give a few.
    About four of those are not meaningless nor overused, and the other four are not anything I think I've ever heard before. What are you talking about, new guy?
  • "NEDM kids"
    Wait, you mean like this?

Or do you mean something less awesome?
  • edited April 2011
    What are you talking about, new guy?
    Hipsters. Keep up bloke.
    Wait, you mean like this?
    Yes. Even that cannot safe them.
    Post edited by Zack Patate on
  • Hipsters. Keep up bloke.
    Righto, Dutchman.
  • Righto, Dutchman.
    Belgian actually. But close enough.
  • edited April 2011
    I hate to say this but people need to stop using the word "troll" for a while. It's starting to lose all meaning. I've seen an increase of people calling someone a troll when ever they are presented with a view that is different then their own awesome views. Trolling is an art-form, that is quickly being lost.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I hate to say this but people need to stop using the word "troll" for a while. It's starting to lose all meaning. I've seen an increase of people calling someone a troll when ever they are presented with a view that is different then their own awesome views. Trolling is an art-form, that is quickly being lost.
    0/10. Troll harder, you trolling troll wannabe.
  • I hate to say this but people need to stop using the word "troll" for a while. It's starting to lose all meaning. I've seen an increase of people calling someone a troll when ever they are presented with a view that is different then their own awesome views. Trolling is an art-form, that is quickly being lost.
    Happy 2010! Best wishes for the new year.