This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Advice on buying new bike?

2»

Comments

• Have you tried angling it forward a little bit?
  • edited May 2011
    Have you tried angling it forward a little bit?
    I dont think the seat can tilt.

Anyone have any experiences with those ergonomic seats? I might try and see if those are better.
    Post edited by iruul on
  • Anyone have any experiences with those ergonomic seats? I might try and see if those are better.
    As in the seat I showed you? I ride with a gelform, slotted Serfas just like that cruising saddle and it's like riding on a sofa.
  • Don't angle the seat, the seat should be completely horizontal. The correct sitting posture is such that you curve your back and have all / most of your weight in the back and have no weight on your junk and you'll get used to it (i.e. Ill stop hurting after a week or two). This is what any professional / experieced cyclist will tell you.

That being said, it's your bike and you can give the purists the finger. Just get a wider and softer seat, I've sat on some spring cushioned ones that feel like sitting on marshmallows.
  • it's like riding on a sofa.
  • That is the most "Like a Boss" picture I've ever seen.
  • If it sits between your tailbones
    What? WHAT? Your tailbone (singular) is the end of your spinal column. How the fuck are you ever going to get anything between only one bone (it's a fused bone fuckers), especially when the thing supposedly between your 'tailbones' is mostly in a horizontal plane when your spinal column's fucking vertical. God damn Rym, you can't be this stupid.
  • What? WHAT? Your tailbone (singular) is the end of your spinal column. How the fuck are you ever going to get anything between only one bone (it's a fused bone fuckers), especially when the thing supposedly between your 'tailbones' is mostly in a horizontal plane when your spinal column's fucking vertical. God damn Rym, you can't be this stupid.
    Butt bones. ;^)
  • edited May 2011
    Butt bones. ;^)
    Ischium, If I remember correctly. Fucking painful if you break them, I've been told.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Butt bones. ;^)
    Just... stop using the plural for 'bone'. It's mostly fused mass down there. 'Hip bone' works perfectly fine. Repeat after me please, 'hip bone'. Thanks in advance.
  • Butt bones. ;^)
    Just... stop using the plural for 'bone'. It's mostly fused mass down there. 'Hip bone' works perfectly fine. Repeat after me please, 'hip bone'. Thanks in advance.
    Fine, the tips of the bones as theyare felt if one firmly grips one buttocks, which should if at all possible rest on the seat, and not to either side of it.
  • Butt bones. ;^)
    Ischium, If I remember correctly. Fucking painful if you break them, I've been told.
    You've heard right. Coccyx and pelvic fractures are agonizing, mainly because they form the bottom of the "bucket" that holds most of your organs. They can be life threatening, too; there's a risk of stray bone perforating an organ system and causing really nasty internal bleeding.
    Fine, the tips of the bones as theyare felt if one firmly grips one buttocks, which should if at all possible rest on the seat, and not to either side of it.
    Those protrusions are the Ischium. Still not their own bones.