This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Cereal?

Comments

• Kashi Go Lean Crunch.
    My roommate eats either Kashi Go Lean Crunch or Special K Protein Plus for every meal of (almost) every day, three meals a day.
    Wow, that's an impressive act of cereal dedication.
    She's ridiculously skinny and trying to gain weight. How eating nothing but cereal is going to help her, I'm not entirely sure.
  • edited April 2011
    I recommend a steady diet of cured meats, beer and bourbon, gourmet cheeses, and peasant breads.

She may still not gain any weight, but it'll taste a lot better than Special K.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • @Andrew: I thought you hated G. Love and the Special Sauce.
  • She's ridiculously skinny and trying to gain weight.
    Yeah, she needs denser foods. Cheeses and stuff. Meats. And an exercise regimen as well.
    Yeah, she needs denser foods. Cheeses and stuff. Meats. And an exercise regimen as well.
    Jump rope while eating bacon wrapped cheese. Wear a CamelBak with World Wide Stout for hydration.
    Jump rope while eating bacon wrapped cheese. Wear a CamelBak with World Wide Stout for hydration.
    I don't know. I think I might have to batter and deep fry that bacon wrapped cheese for extra insurance.
  • Crunch berries and Fruity Pebbles are the only cereal I can eat dry. For ones with milk I go for Frosted Flakes mostly.
  • For ones with milk I go for Frosted Flakes mostly.
    I've been eating those a lot lately and they've been messing with my gums something fierce, and I only ever remember Crunch Berries doing that to me. I fear that I cannot enjoy Frosted Flakes anymore. :C
  • She's ridiculously skinny and trying to gain weight. How eating nothing but cereal is going to help her, I'm not entirely sure
    Woman be needin' a sammich. Filled with muscle building protein. Is she, by chance, a vegetarian?
  • Feed her barbecue pork belly, Southern Tier Cuvee 3, and cornbread. Suggest a relaxing trip to Cold Stone at every opportunity.
  • If I want something that isn't a pure sugar cereal, I tend to like Basic 4. Apple Cinnamon Cheerios is also a favorite (I'm a sucker for anything with apples/apple flavor in it). Cinnamon Toast Crunch is hard to beat if you want a sugar rush though. I also loved Froot Loops as a kid, but I don't think I've had them in years.
  • Steak, Egg and Chips.
  • Steak, Egg and Chips.
    Sounds like an Epic Meal Time waiting to happen.

You could start a new Youtube Channel: Australian Light Fare Time.
  • How the fuck do you guys who eat Grape nuts eat that shit, it for some reason tastes like vomit to me...
  • edited April 2011
    How the fuck do you guys who eat Grape nuts eat that shit, it for some reason tastes like vomit to me...
    Tastes great mixed with yogurt.

Hey, wait a fucking minute. Do you eat anything that has barley in it? Besides whole wheat, the only other notable ingredient is malted barley flour. I'll note that you have a profound dislike of beer, so...
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Tastes great mixed with yogurt.
    Almost anything else tastes good in Yogurt, why not put granola in there.

What else has Barley in it other then Grape nuts and Beer?
  • How the fuck do you guys who eat Grape nuts eat that shit, it for some reason tastes like vomit to me...

grape nut pudding is good if you make it correctly
  • Sounds like an Epic Meal Time waiting to happen.

You could start a new Youtube Channel: Australian Light Fare Time.
    I would say yes, but that's just shit-talking waiting to happen. My recipes are better written than acted out in front of a camera.
  • What else has Barley in it other then Grape nuts and Beer?
    Not that many things, now that I think about it. Beef and barley soup?

Malted milk contains malted barley flour. How do you feel about Whoppers? Malted milkshakes?

You'll sometimes see "distatic malt" listed on an ingredients label. That is another name for malted barley flour. It's used occasionally used by some bread bakers, but it's not common.
  • Malted milk contains malted barley flour. How do you feel about Whoppers? Malted milkshakes?
    I do like Whoppers and Malted Milkshakes are ok. I'm pretty sure the sugar covers whatever barley problems occur for me :-p
  • Malted Milkshakes are made of win.
  • I do like Whoppers and Malted Milkshakes are ok. I'm pretty sure the sugar covers whatever barley problems occur for me :-p
    The other possibility is that you don't like the taste of yeast. Grape Nuts also contain yeast.

To be fair, beer is effectively yeast vomit, so your taste buds may not be that far off.
  • No love for Kix? I used to love that cereal as a kid. Just the right amount of sweetness and I used to pretend I was Pac Man when I ate it.
  • edited April 2011
    No love for Kix? I used to love that cereal as a kid. Just the right amount of sweetness and I used to pretend I was Pac Man when I ate it.
    Kix are alright. I did eat them pretty frequently. Still, few things compared to the awesome power of Cocoa Pebbles.

I did like Peanut Butter Crunch quite a bit.

Also, fuck Cocoa Puffs. What the the fuck is a "puff?" And fuck Froot Loops too. Those things are vile.

EDIT: I do enjoy Honey Nut Cheerios. Regular Cheerios are good with sliced bananas.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Lately I've been finding myself eating a lot of reese's puffs and honey combs.
  • No love for Kix?
    One of my special treats as a child. Upon revisiting, the little balls were so tiny that it made me feel like I was eating baby cereal.
  • Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds, Grape-nuts, and Basic 4 are my favorites. However, I've been wanting cereal without corn syrup, so I got some of those Kashi cereals. They are pretty darn good. Cinnamon harvest, huh? Gonna have to look at that.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch was my favorite as a kid, but I will not eat that shit as an adult.
  • If we are in terms of any bad cereals, Fuck Twix. Annoying Advertising and tastes awful.
  • If we are in terms of any bad cereals, Fuck Twix. Annoying Advertising and tastes awful.
    Twix?
  • ...Oh, damn my miss-types. Trix, you know I meant.