This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Say Something Nice About Yourself

edited May 2011 in Everything Else
It's what we really want. I'm so smart and clever for starting this thread.

Comments

• I have nothing nice to say about myself. Fuck me.
  • You are doing it wrong.
  • Gunter's a really cool guy for making this thread so people can feel good about themselves and...
    Wait...
  • edited May 2011
    I never do it right T_T

This thread just isn't for me.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited May 2011
    No, fuck you and fuck me.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • I don't have self-confidence, so I don't know how to post good things about myself.
    Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (repeat ad nauseam)
  • I am a special and worthwhile person.
  • I am a special and worthwhile person.
    CONFIDENT PERSON.
    KILL IT.
  • So really, this is just a more honest version of the Boo-yah thread.
  • Yeeeeup.

Anyway. I'm driven, confident, I've got a reason to be cocksure, and I'm going to get where I'm going and do what I want. Fuck anyone and everyone who dares tell me otherwise.
  • I think the best thing I can say about myself is that I'm incredibly happy with myself for taking the chances to break out of my shell four years ago. If I hadn't done that, my life wouldn't be anywhere near as awesome as it is now.
  • I worked really hard to get where I am, and I deserve everything I've earned. Nothing has been handed to me.
  • I was in a *shit* situation for all of high school, and much of middle school, essentially fucking myself up with emotional issue after emotional issue, one after the other, non-stop. Things got bad, real bad, around the end of '09. By that point, I was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder, depression, what-have-you, and given all sorts of meds for that. None helped, but I was conditioned to think that I was weak, useless without those drugs. Well, late October, I get into a situation where I am slowly taken off of all of these meds, and I basically went batshit for a weekend. Then that weekend ended, and I picked myself up and was stable. At that point, by SHEER WILLPOWER, I *decided* that I was *done*. I literally said "you know what, this is bullshit," and ended 6-7 years of heavy depression, just like that. Professionals concluded that I needed drugs to simply function, I proved that all I needed was the slightest bit of willpower, and the simple fact that I am a HUMAN FUCKING BEING who can THINK and DECIDE who I AM.

TL;DR, I (and humans in general, really) are fucking awesome, all the haters can go suck it.
  • I ate about a pound and a half of raw cookie dough the other day and got horribly ill.

But I'm still going to be thin forever! Bahahahahaha!
  • Boobs. Mine. They rock.
  • Well, sometimes. Sometimes mind you. I don't totally hate myself. And when this is happening I can look in a mirror and give myself this pep talk.

"Hey Tim, don't feel so bad about being ugly. There might be a few people who are uglier then you. Aww come on Tim don't talk like that... Come on lil buddy it could be true.. Hold on, gimmie a second I can name like 5 people who are famous that you are better looking then. CHILL BRO!! Give me a minute to think.. Fine if you are going to rush me I can think of 3. Wait no.. 2. OK well I got one, sorry I can only think of one person you are less ugly then. Hey man, don't look at me like that. If you want to blame anyone for the way you look then you can blame two people; Jack Daniels and your Mother. Relax man! She only drank during her 1st to 3rd trimester, and can you really blame her? I mean look at you. Wait what's that? Oh right you are already looking in the mirror. So let me tell myself who I am less ugly then.. Well Tim, you are kind of less ugly the that guy in that movie. You know the one, his name in the movie is Rocky. Yeah that's his name. NO TIM YOU FUCKING DUMBASS NOT ROCKY FROM ROCKY, USE YOUR FUCKING BRAIN MORAN. And hey man, even though he is ass ugly in that movie he ended up getting with Laura Dern. And she was frigging hot at the time. Well yes Tim, she was blind, no man shut the fuck up; stop talking shit about yourself. If Rocky could get with a teen age Laura Dern then there could possibly be the chance for you to maybe one day have the option to one day think about maybe hoping for a girl to accidentally talk to you and not want to poke her eyes out afterwards."

Now for anyone who can identify the Rocky I am speaking of I will give you 30 million Internet doll hairs. Again, this Rock is not from the eponymous titled movie... Oh and btw does anyone else give them a similar pep talk?
  • Rocky Dennis from Mask.
  • You sir are now 30 million Internet doll hairs richer. How would you like your Internet money? in 1's and 0's or should I write you an Internet cheque? Mind you because Internet monies are rather new. And doll hairs are even newer. It will take 8-12 years for the cheque to clear. Then after that there is a waiting period. you are required by law to let the doll hairs to sit in the account untouched for an additional 5-7 years after the cheque clears. The fastest way to get you your doll hairs would be a direct transfer. For this to work I need several things from you. 1. I need your full name. 2. Your social security number. C. I need all of your bank account numbers and passwords. D. I need all of your email accounts and their passwords. Fifthly I need your mothers maiden name, first pets name, the names of every school you attended, the names of each street you lived on and what years you lived on them. Your childhood nickname and the name of your first kiss and first crush. Second to last. I will fax you this document... No need to read it, it just gives me power of attorney over you. Its no big deal I promise Ill give it back when this is over, it will just make this whole process faster. Then after you sign it in front of a notary and get it notarized you must overnight it back to me. G. I need you to cash in all bonds you have, sell all stocks, anything you may have in a safety deposit box you must sell and any other money you may have in other accounts or tied up in other forms other then cash I need you to liquidate it and place into the checking account. Lastly. Talk to all loved ones. Mom, Dad, Grandma even little sister. Ask them to borrow every dollar they have for 48 hours. Promise them that they will get it all back. Heck tell them that if they give it to you for me to take care of I will double their money. So take your entire extended family's life savings and place it in the checking account. I. Now this is the very important part. Do not check your accounts for 48 hours. I need this time to work my magic and not only give you this 30 million Internet doll hairs but double the amount of existing money in your account. 10thly. After the 48 hours has passed you are now free to be the finical super hero to your family. Thanks for giving me this opportunity to help you and thank you for being so coopertive.
  • I don't need this thread to say nice things about myself. I have a diary for that.
  • I don't need this thread to say nice things about myself. I have a diary for that.
    Then why did you bother posting in this thread? Just so you can claim to have posted in every thread? To see your name on the interwubs? To brag about how you dont neet to post in here? JK. JK I heart you Lukey.
    Then why did you bother posting in this thread? Just so you can claim to have posted in every thread? To see your name on the interwubs? To brag about how you dont neet to post in here? JK. JK I heart you Lukey.
    I'm loving this bromance Tsundere thing you're stirring up.
  • I cant help it. He just thinks he is so smart. And so perfect. And so handsome. And has such nice muscle tone. And is so worldly. Also I'm totally not in brolove with him. Why would I be?
  • I do awesome panels at cons.
  • I'm really quite punctual.
  • This summer I'm forcing myself to do things I've been wanting to do for a long time and I'm gonna be better off for it.
  • edited May 2011
    I can always get more motivated by deciding to be motivated. I can always get more self-confidence by choosing to be more self-confident. I can always get more will-power by choosing to have more will power. That both answers the question of this thread and the topic that seems to be forking off from it. Maybe it's my superpower? I've learned to leverage my childhood stubberness into the ability to control a large part of my cognitive state. From my perspective, it seems like EVERYONE should have this power, but they all tell me otherwise.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • I'm alive.
  • I'm the best around; no one is ever going to keep me down.
  • There are people who like me and that makes me happy.