This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

tumblr

Hey guys, long time no see....

I got tumblr, and as usual I jumped head on into something i didn't know about. I thought I could primarily use it to keep track of all my draw fagging for the people of the internet but it seems the rabbit hole goes much deeper.
I was wondering if anyone else has tumblr and could help me find more and varied uses for my new account, beyond the explore button and beyond using it as a second reddit.

Any help?

Comments

• Tumblr is basically a platform for long-form retweeting. Most tumblr pages are made up entirely of reposts of other people's content. I think the best way to enjoy tumblr, just like anything else, is to have other friends who use it too. That's primarily why I've never made an account, no one I know irl has one.

That said, Pete from Anamanaguchi has a pretty entertaining tumblr page.
  • I dont get tumblr. I guess im an old man. I mean I use FB, twitter, Four Square, Raptr and Get Glue. Do I need Tumblr too?
  • as long as we're linking to other tumblr pages, here's mine:

chongo the drawfriend

it's full of sub-par art
  • The Best Tumblr is Shit Otaku Say.
  • I dont get tumblr. I guess im an old man. I mean I use FB, twitter, Four Square, Raptr and Get Glue. Do I need Tumblr too?
    I'm with you on this one. I mean, I have a Tumblr, and I tried using it for a while, but I just didn't NEED it. I have a wordpress blog on my domain name. It pushes/pulls data by way of facebook, twitter, and formspring. I really don't see the utility of Tumblr for me.
  • Tumblr is a just a blogging platform for people who have no need to get fancy.
    Cute girls with Headphones is pretty good too, though Mr Headphones has been pretty slow updating lately.
    The former co-host of my Podcast made it on there. *facepalm*
    Which one? Also, I think I remember your screen name. Did you ever do an Abridged Series?
  • edited May 2011
    The Best Tumblr is Shit Otaku Say.
    On Eva:
    "Welcome, plugger! I’m guessing your post perfectly echoes the flood of emotions, thoughts, feelings, etc. that most of us around here had after finishing the series.

It’s a profound piece of art. IMO, the greatest of the 20th Century.

“i mean how can a human mind generate this?” That’s what we’re all still here for trying to figure out."
    Otaku are really uncultured.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
    I'm about to cry right now, just because of this tumblr.
    Which one? Also, I think I remember your screen name. Did you ever do an Abridged Series?

This one: http://animesos.tumblr.com/post/3947197416

It's not as bad as the majority, but still silly.

No I've never done an abridged series but I've been lurking around the anime communities online for a long time.
  • edited May 2011
    The Best Tumblr is Shit Otaku Say.
    I'm about to cry right now, just because of this tumblr.
    I feel seriously fucked up after reading that first post about the girl spending $1,000 on a dollfie. And her boyfriend? I just. I don't even. What.
    Post edited by Johannes Uglyfred II on
  • I feel seriously fucked up after reading that first post about the girl spending $1,000 on a dollfie. And her boyfriend? I just. I don't even. What.
    To be fair, this is just taking a snippet of what someone says on their blog and putting it out of context. Frances Delgado's extremely sweet and talking to her you wouldn't think that she had this strange obsessive hobby. But we all have our quirks....

I can't comment on her boyfriend...
  • My tumblr is just me posting character designs for my comic. Totally self-serving, but where else can I post my Star Trek-homage characters?
  • Take it to the streets and make a name for yourself like Banksy did.
  • My tumblr is just me posting character designs for my comic. Totally self-serving, but where else can I post my Star Trek-homage characters?
    I'd like to see this.
    I'd like to see this.
    Lemme post some better quality scans so that it'll be up to FRCForum standards.
  • edited May 2011
    Take it to the streets and make a name for yourself like Banksy did.
    Yeah dude. Get some Montana Hardcore markers. Take back the walls.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Alright, so the sketches themselves are kinda bad, but I have better pencil ones around here that I'm gonna darken and show y'all, but anyways, you guys get to see how I imagine the "title sequence." I feel so nervous posting this, but here it goes...

Space. Our final test. We are the junior crew of the training starship Darwin. Her purpose: To improve our skills on a starship, while exploring new worlds, cultures, and civilizations. Going where no class has gone before.