This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Wakfu the animated series

Comments

• I love French. I also love that I can still understand some of it, barely.
  • Just finished the first episode. Not immensely impressed with the plot, but the characters are likeable, and I really love the style. I'll be watching a bunch more.
  • Not immensely impressed with the plot, but the characters are likeable, and I really love the style. I'll be watching a bunch more.
    I watched it last night too. I agree, but as for the plot I am still open minded and will look forward to see where it goes.
  • Not immensely impressed with the plot, but the characters are likeable, and I really love the style. I'll be watching a bunch more.
    I watched it last night too. I agree, but as for the plot I am still open minded and will look forward to see where it goes.
    Yup. It passed my 30 minute test at least. I just love the character designer, and I'd been following him on DA for a while.
  • Yup. It passed my 30 minute test at least. I just love the character designer, and I'd been following him on DA for a while.
    Yeah. I really like how the limbs are bulkier and it seems the colors have more of a pastel feel to it.

I really want to take French lessons again.
  • I agree with the characters being kind of meh in the beginning, but they get much better as the season goes on.
  • edited May 2011
    I think we can all agree that the Breadnought is the best thing to happen to an animated series ever.
    This is the superior version.
    but the characters are likeable
    You'll care about only one character at the end of the first season. Nox is just that awesome.
    Post edited by Zack Patate on
  • I'd been following him on DA for a while
    I like his chunky leg ladies, which are like anime Chris Sanders chicks.
    What is his name on DA again? I remember looking at his page, but haven't looked at it for a long time.
  • I like his chunky leg ladies, which are like anime Chris Sanders chicks.
    What is his name on DA again? I remember looking at his page, but haven't looked at it for a long time.
    That reminds me, 4chan made one of those overwrought posters as they are wont to do when they encounter something they enjoy. Presented here for your enjoyment:
  • Looking at the Wakfu wiki, pretty much all terms are something spelled backwards and/or referring to some sort of commercial brand. E.g. Sadida, Xelor, Eniripsa and Enutrof.
  • How did they animate the anime? It looks like cell shaded 3d animation stuff.
  • How did they animate the anime? It looks like cell shaded 3d animation stuff.
    Flash.
  • edited May 2011
    How did they animate the anime? It looks like cell shaded 3d animation stuff.
    MacromediaAdobe's Flash. Like all the stuff Ankama puts out (I'm almost willing to bet they use it to draw the comics as well).
    Looking at the Wakfu wiki, pretty much all terms are something spelled backwards and/or referring to some sort of commercial brand. E.g. Sadida, Xelor, Eniripsa and Enutrof.
    Order as shown in the Tough Guy Ad: Adidas, Mars, sacrifice, bow, coffee, the panda's, heads-or-tails, Yop, fortune, Asperin, masochists.
    Post edited by Zack Patate on
  • Looking at the Wakfu wiki, pretty much all terms are something spelled backwards and/or referring to some sort of commercial brand. E.g. Sadida, Xelor, Eniripsa and Enutrof.
    FUCK. How did I not notice that?
  • Sadlygrove was, for most of the first season, my least favourite character (even the map beat him out), but damn does he get 20% cooler closer to the end.
  • Sadlygrove was, for most of the first season, my least favourite character (even the map beat him out), but damn does he get 20% cooler closer to the end.
    I know the feeling, my friend got me into the series and when it started I couldn't stand Grovy but as it got to his redemption arc I sudden;y cared.
    For me it went:

Evangylne
    Yugo
    Ruel
    Amelie
    Grovy

but as the series came to a close it became

Yugo
    Grovy
    Reul
    Evangylne
    Amelie

All in all I just don't like Amelie.
  • All in all I just don't like Amelie.
    I don't know what it is about Amalia, but she's my favourite.

For me it goes: Amalia>Evangylne>Yugo>Rubilax>Sadlygrove>Ruel>Adalai>Grufon
  • My personal favorite so far is Ruel. I'm pretty much halfway through the series (right after the Boufbowl three parter) and should finish it this weekend.
  • My personal favorite so far is Ruel. I'm pretty much halfway through the series (right after the Boufbowl three parter) and should finish it this weekend.
    I'm closer to the end of the series and I can honestly say that the Boufbowl episodes are his highest point, which is really disappointing.
  • I don't want to spoil anything but there are major twists at the end and every other Wakfu fan on earth will spoil them for you so stay away from any other forum or news about the show.
  • Just finished episode 3. Needs more Rubilax.
    Wait til the second season, you get more Rubilax.
    Wait til the second season, you get more Rubilax.
    Wait until later in the season even, you WILL get more Rubilax.
  • Awesome. I have an automatic liking for inanimate/immobile object kinda characters. Dunno why exactly.
  • Huh. That looks pretty cool. Might be a way to actually get me to start learning French again.
  • Huh. That looks pretty cool. Might be a way to actually get me to start learning French again.
    I recently bought My French Coach for the DS to brush up on my French because I started watching the show. I really dislike all the different verb conjugations based on sex and plurals.
  • I recently bought My French Coach for the DS to brush up on my French because I started watching the show. I really dislike all the different verb conjugations based on sex and plurals.
    Different verb conjugations based on sex and plurals? Wow -- I never got that far. I never took it in school or anything. I started learning so I could read French comics, but eventually I just stopped.
  • This show looks so much like a Zelda game that it's kinda distracting.
    \I really dislike all the different verb conjugations based on sex and plurals.
    You find them hard to understand or you object to them on some sort of principal?
  • You find them hard to understand or you object to them on some sort of principal?
    I took 4 years of French in high school, 1 quarter of Spanish in college. They are not difficult just annoying because there are so many different forms to learn.