This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Be Positive and Inspiring!

In light of recent forum threads that seem intent on bringing everyone down, I say fuck that, let's all inspire one another and seize the day!

Right now, a child is being born. That child will grow up to love and be loved, and do the best it possibly can for the world to make it a better place.

Comments

• Right now, a child is being born.
    Birth is a terminal condition.
  • Technically, it's the cause of a terminal symptom.
  • Right now, a child is being born.
    Birth is a terminal condition.
    So's your mom
  • You probably won't die today.
  • When you feel as low as you can get, getting lower is really, really, really hard, so there's a good chance your life will get better.
  • In light of recent forum threads that seem intent on bringing everyone down, I say fuck that, let's all inspire one another and seize the day!.
    You beat me by 20 minutes. ARGH! Maybe I should make an angry thread!

But, it's okay, I was writing to a wonderful guy so I'm not that angry. :P

The relationships you have in your life, the friendships, the lovers, the forum crew, or the animals are much better way of finding happiness than anything. Nuture them. Be grateful for them.

Today, I scrapped my plans, I'll be around much longer than I thought yesterday.
  • edited May 2011
    Yea, fuck all this depressing shit, We have like at least 20 to 30 years before our friends (more or less) start disappearing, so lets freaking make the most of it and not be depressed. (was that Positive?)

Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Downside: The universe is amoral, uncaring, and has no inherent meaning or purpose whatsoever. Upside: You're free to invent the one that matters to you.
  • Despite how stupid the average person is, we, as humans, have made all of this. This gigantic, functional, ever-progressing, fantastically complex society. Despite all of our failing, despite every base instinct, despite greed, despair, wrath, and ill fortune, we came this far.

Every bridge, every road, an extension of our will. Every plague, every catastrophe, an expression of our tenacity.
    You know what I'm tryin to say.
  • In a universe of nearly infinite possibilities, you are a distinct and unique reality. Nobody like you has ever existed before.

Go make shit happen.
  • In a world where the flap of a butterfly's wings is said to cause repercussions around the world, you are a motherfucking jet engine! You can influence peoples lives! You can start or stop wars! You can make more of a difference now with your words than anyone in history could with even the most powerful of artillery! Speak and the world will listen. Scream into the masses your message and you will hear people scream back, "We Support You! We Are With You!" You can raise an army of minds! You can conquer hearts with your own! Break free of the molds society tries to place you in because you are bigger than any mold they will try to wrap around you!

You can make the difference that makes a difference.
  • In a universe of nearly infinite possibilities, you are a distinct and unique reality. Nobody like you has ever existed before.

Go make shit happen.
    You have now made me feel like I can do anything. This is a dangerous mode for me to be in.
    But it doesn't matter how dangerous it is to me, because I can do anything.
  • BIRYANI.

This is like, 50% of the reason to be happy with life.

The other 50% is mango lassi.
  • I have imagined a perfect version of myself. He is skilled, charismatic, creative, educated, and continues to accomplish his dreams. He has good friends to help him through bad times. He makes enough to support himself and his goals. He inspires people, either to action or to contentment. He will not die for a long time because so many will know his name, and when he tragically passes his impression on the ones he left behind will sustain him. For all my discontentment, depression, and anxiety, in this I am determined: someday I will be that person. You can take that to the bank.
  • You are fucking alive and are more than likely better off than many other people in various parts of the world and whatever bad you got going on it could probably be worse. Get over your depression and live your life making each moment more awesome than the next.
  • You are fucking alive and are more than likely better off than many other people in various parts of the world and whatever bad you got going on it could probably be worse. Get over your depression and live your life making each moment more awesome than the next.
    Yea, anytime I even get remotely depressed I remember that most people throughout history didn't even live to 30.. (even today in many places).
  • But it doesn't matter how dangerous it is to me, because I can do anything.
    You're Beowulf. Go slay some fucking trolls.
  • Yea, anytime I even get remotely depressed I remember that most people throughout history didn't even live to 30.. (even today in many places).
    I have moments that constitutes sadness and I express my emotions and feelings in various ways.

One way is to do the Arrested Development Charlie Brown Sad Walk. I pretty much stole this from Andrew and Lyddi. I basically walk around like this:

and hum the Charlie Brown Christmas thing as per the AD episode. Then it cheers me up because that episode cracked me up and then I'm happy again.
  • BIRYANI.

This is like, 50% of the reason to be happy with life.

The other 50% is mango lassi.
    This.
  • edited May 2011
    Post edited by Mosquitoboy on
  • We started out as naked apes. Then we went into space.

That's pretty cool.
  • We started out as naked apes. Then we went into space.
    Science is kind of fucking amazing like that.
  • In light of recent forum threads that seem intent on bringing everyone down, I say fuck that, let's all inspire one another and seize the day!

Right now, a child is being born. That child will grow up to love and be loved, and do the best it possibly can for the world to make it a better place.
    Funny you should use that as an example. My professor was out for class because she's having a baby. This professor is an awesome Computer Science Genius whose current work is on breaking censorship barriers in China. This baby first words will be hello world, will probably be playing with python by grade school, and will one day do awesome things.

Smile at that.
  • Sex. It's pretty damn good.
  • Let the light that is in your heart guide you on your journey through this infinite cosmos.
  • Holy crap. Crazy day is crazy. Turns out my girlfriend's education professor is also out because of baby-ing. I can't comment on this professors awesomeness, but given her background in education, I'm sure the kid is in pretty good hands.
  • Babies in our family are...well. Their future sucks. Oh wait, this is the happy thread. Um, WITH A KICK ASS ADULT LIKE ME TO LOOK UP IT WONT BE ALL BAD! (nervous fake laugh)