This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Help me do a panel

Alright, so I have this concept for a gaming-related panel at a con; tenatively titled "Kill/Death ratios and the Death of Teamwork" basically about how stat tracking, especially persistent stat tracking, runs counter to building teamwork in multiplayer games and what can be done about it. I'm a good public speaker and I already do a weekly podcast for my game mod, and I have a loose sort of script together; the panel has three distinct parts (the problem, the mechanics and theory behind it, and potential solutions) I've done a few practice runs and it was well received by my friends. I've got examples from several games and I've started to put together some slides to illustrate my point.

In other words, I got content. How do I go about actually doing this thing? What cons would take a panel like this? Any other tips?

Other important information; I live in Ottawa, so any con this would happen at would have to be somewhat north-east-ish, I guess. I'm trying to get to PAX East next year after being too broke to afford it this year; is it even possible for me to do a panel there? I know very little about the behind-the-scenes at cons, mostly just what I hear off Geeknights.

Any advice would be appreciated.