This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pentium D 805 Overclocked to 4.05 GHz no longer stable.

edited September 2006 in Technology
Well, I’ve given up on overclocking. I just can’t keep the machine stable. It will run for hours one day and then be buggy as heck the next. I’ve had it. The thing is, I built the stupid machine around some expensive hardware.

I’ve been debating doing the following:
1)Sell it all on eBay and start over
2)Keep it and just put up with it as a normal, slow regular PC.
3)Upgrade the chip alone.

I think I’m going to choose option 3. If this chip works, I may buy it this weekend. I’ve emailed New-egg to see what’s the fastest chip I can put in the Asus P5WDG2-WS motherboard. We’ll see how it goes. When the quad-cores come out later this year, I’ll probably build another computer around one of those anyway.

Comments

• Well, I’ve given up on overclocking. I just can’t keep the machine stable. It will run for hours one day and then be buggy as heck the next. I’ve had it. The thing is, I built the stupid machine around some expensive hardware.

I’ve been debating doing the following:
    1)Sell it all on eBay and start over
    2)Keep it and just put up with it as a normal, slow regular PC.
    3)Upgrade the chip alone.

I think I’m going to choose option 3. Ifthis chipworks, I may buy it this weekend. I’ve emailed New-egg to see what’s the fastest chip I can put in the Asus P5WDG2-WS motherboard. We’ll see how it goes. When the quad-cores come out later this year, I’ll probably build another computer around one of those anyway.
    We told you so, did we not?
  • We told you so, did we not?
    I know, I'm pwned.
  • LOL. Now that's funny.