This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Creepypasta

edited May 2011 in Everything Else
One thing I like a whole hell of a lot is Creepypasta: short, (generally) creepy or disturbing stories written (again, generally) by the people of 4chan. Some are really good because of the ah-ha in it (Play is really good in that respect), or because they go above and beyond the call of duty (the Ben Haunted Majora's Mask was pretty good before it went off the rails). Anyone else got some favorites?

Comments

• Come Follow Me is my favorite Pokemon-themed Creepypasta. Though there's no beating classics like The Rake, Candle Cove, and The Cabin (also known as Portraits).

I'm kind of disappointed with the direction that Haunted Majora's Mask has taken. That tense night I and hundreds of others spent waiting for thetruth.txt was incredible, and I really wish that it had ended there because it was the perfect ending.
  • I'm kind of disappointed with the direction that Haunted Majora's Mask has taken. That tense night I and hundreds of others spent waiting for thetruth.txt was incredible, and I really wish that it had ended there because it was the perfect ending.
    My main problem with it was that he had a good schtick and played it too far. It's a trap many creepypasta authors fall into.
  • Well, now I'm pretty much horrified for the rest of the day.
  • edited May 2011
    Well, now I'm pretty much horrified for the rest of the day.
    The prepare to be disturbed, too.

This too.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • edited May 2011
    Post edited by Robyn Chaos on
  • cupcakes.docx
    Now that's just not a nice thing to put on the internet. Or to tell anyone it exists, much less giving them a link to it.
  • cupcakes.docx
    Now that's just not a nice thing to put on the internet. Or to tell anyone it exists, much less giving them a link to it.
    I know of it, due to Fark knowing of it. I know no more.
  • edited May 2011
    THEN WHO WAS FONE?
    cupcakes.docx
    Tempted to read this. Mainly because of this:

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Now that's just not a nice thing to put on the internet. Or to tell anyone it exists, much less giving them a link to it.
    This story made so many people upset that there are at least two alternate endings for it.
  • Majora's mask story. Fuck that shit, not even gonna try and watch those videos. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • I had only ever seen the videos of the BEN one so I decided to read it.

After finishing it, I was really freaked out.
    Not because of the story, but because it took me 45 minutes to read it all.
  • edited May 2011
    The Creepiest Creepypasta:
    The next time you make a purchase, hand the clerk a $1 bill and ask her to make change. She will hand you back a number of coins, several of which bear the likenesses of long dead historical figures.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • SCPs, anyone?
    While the SCPs are fun, most of them aren't really creepy. The overuse of redacted lines, at least in most of the ones I read, killed it for me. I still enjoy them, but not as much as I might otherwise.
  • Clever.

Fairly predictable, once you see where it's going, but short enough that it's a good read.
  • I remember reading one about a couple of cave explorers who were trying to map out a new cave system in New Jersey, I think it was written as a series of diary entries. It was pretty great, although I can't find it now.
  • edited February 2012
    I remember reading one about a couple of cave explorers who were trying to map out a new cave system in New Jersey, I think it was written as a series of diary entries. It was pretty great, although I can't find it now.
    I know the one your talking about. Gimme a sec.
    EDIT: Can't seem to find it, now, all of a sudden.

Double edit: Wait, now that I think of it... It couldn't possibly be Ted the Caver, could it? Cus that'd just be a weird coincidence that I had that tab open from the creepy video games thread on SA.
    Post edited by Neito on