This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Miku in America

edited May 2011 in Everything Else
Sonic. This is for you.

I wanna go!

-7EAQJStWso

Comments

• I'm actually going to AX this year and I'll diffidently be going to this. My friend I'm going with is a pretty big Miku fan and is very excited too. If anything it's going to be a neat experience.
  • I was disappointed to discover that the Miku "concert" at New York Anime Fest was simply them playing the pre-recorded DVD. The fact that this is on the west coast angers me.
  • Chromium projector array.
    A couple Kinects.
    OpenNI enabled Miku Miku Dance.
    Voice morpher.
    Crazy fans.
    ???
    Profit?

I suppose there are a lot of fun setups you can make with that equipment at a convention besides MMD...

I don't have the equipment/money and I won't be there anyway.
  • Sonic. This is for you.
    I KNOW! I'm so excited!
    The fact that this is on the west coast angers me.
    Our proximity to Japan is, occasionally, advantageous.

@nemirumasu
    Actually, Sega was in charge of the animation. Based on the HD vids, its some pretty high quality stuff.

^_~ But what else would you expect from Sega?
  • But what else would you expect from Sega?
    Badly done 3D Sonic games?
  • But what else would you expect from Sega?
    Badly done 3D Sonic games?
    One day, you will find yourself in a perilous and terrifying situation. Know this, it will be by my hand that your life takes that horrible turn.
  • One day, you will find yourself in a perilous and terrifying situation. Know this, it will be by my hand that your life takes that horrible turn.
    So, you're saying the 3d Sonic games are your fault, then?
  • Based on the HD vids
    Didn't they motion capture a little girl dancing for the PSP games? Which I guess is just the same data they used for generating the concert projection. Sega should consider swithing their third-party developers over to the first-party development group. Maybe we'll get a decent Sonic game again.
  • edited May 2011
    I don't know much of the particulars regarding the tech behind this concert, but I plan on finding out. Sonic Colors is a good game, as are the storybook series games. Sonic 4 was pretty shite compared to how much of a frenzy they whipped us fans into.

EDIT:
    I just sent an email to the press department of Anime Expo explaining to them that I'm a Journalism student and would like to cover the concert.
    To whom it may concern:

My name is Victor Khaze and I'm a Journalism major at California State University Northridge. As part of my need to build up my journalistic portfolio, I would like to cover the Hatsune Miku concert at Anime Expo this year and submit an article about it to my university's paper, "The Daily Sundial". I am planning on attending the convention and the concert anyway, but I'm inquiring about getting a press pass so that, if possible, I could interview some of the staff involved with the concert (musicians, technical personnel, etc.).

Having read the requirements, I thought to email you because of my somewhat special case. As a journalism student, I am allowed to submit articles to the paper, but I am not employed by the Sundial. As such, I am not listed on their roster of contributing editors. That being said, while recordings of the concerts in Japan are available on YouTube, and the occasional blog post about it are scattered around the internet, I do not believe there has been any substantial English-language coverage of Vocaloid concerts or of the cultural/technical aspects of them. This being the first time such an event has occurred here in the United States, I'd love to be among the first to cover this event in English.

As proof of my affiliation with the Sundial, here is a link to an article I worked on with another journalism student in February.
    http://sundial.csun.edu/2011/02/u-s-should-let-egyptians-decide-their-own-fate/

I would very much appreciate it if you would consider my request.

Signed,
    Victor Khaze
    Cross yer fingers and wish me luck! ^_^
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Totally pumped for this; coincidentally, I'm giving a talk at this year's new AX Academic Symposium on the PhD research I'm doing about Vocaloid.
  • Totally pumped for this; coincidentally, I'm giving a talk at this year's new AX Academic Symposium on the PhD research I'm doing about Vocaloid.
    Oh my, well, you know I'll be attending. I'm interested to hear what you have to say on the subject.
  • Yeah, I'll plan on showing up for that as well.