This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Quick tablet question

edited May 2011 in Art!
I've been using my tablet today and I'm trying to change a setting. I want my pen to be like my mouse, in that it won't snap to a position on the screen that is in proportion with the tablet. This causes all kinds of problems when I'm trying to draw with it since I have dual screens and I can't find the option to switch it over.
Anyone have a suggestion?

Comments

• Brand of tablet?
  • Wacom Graphire.
  • Does it use the normal Intuos/Cintiq driver? Or a different driver?
  • it should switch monitors depending on what window is active as far as i know...
  • it should switch monitors depending on what window is active as far as i know...
    What it's doing is using the entire dual screen field in proportion with the tablet. In other words, if I move the pen to a point on the right side of the tablet, the cursor snaps to a position on the right hand screen. The problem is more the "snap-to" function. If I need to readjust my grip or hand position, the mouse cursor snaps to wherever the mouse is on the pad.
    Does it use the normal Intuos/Cintiq driver? Or a different driver?
    I'm really not certain.
  • Just go into the settings in Control Panel, go to "grip pen" -> "mapping" and under "mode" click the radio button for mouse. Have no idea why you want to do that, though. Much more efficient to use the snapping. One of the benefits of using a tablet.
  • Also, you can set it to use portions of the tablet, and break it up.
  • Hmm. I think the control panel may be missing or something as I can't find it anywhere. All it does is give me very basic options. I'll have to take a look again at the drivers and see if anything is missing.

I find snapping annoying because sometimes, depending on the zoom, I need to adjust where the pen is. This is mostly because of how my desk is set up. It's not ideal for tablet use and my motions are more restricted. I've tried other things like holding the tablet in my lap or moving it onto the top of the desk, but when I do my hand/eye coordination gets way off and I can't draw lines in the direction I want them. Gets very frustrating, especially if I'm doing sketchy motions or quick brush motions.