This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Frozen Synapse

edited May 2011 in Video Games
This game just appeared on Steam. It's basically vs. X-Com, but 2D instead of 3D. Turn-based simultaneous squad combat.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/98200/

It's kinda expensive even though it's on sale. I'll buy it if someone seriously commits to actually playing it with me.

Comments

• I got a free copy from a friend. If you pick it up, I'll play with you. Plus someone else who you can give a free copy.
  • It's kinda expensive even though it's on sale. I'll buy it if someone seriously commits to actually playing it with me.
    It's two copies for the price of one, so split the cost with someone else.
  • I've got a copy. I'm up for games.
  • Didn't realize it was two copies. Hit me up on Steam to play.
  • Ok, epic fail already! Of course I didn't learn my lesson. Add this shit to the list of indie games with networking that doesn't fucking work.

You can't request an account or connect to the game server because it is fail. They tell you to enter an alternate server. Oh, but guess what!

http://www.frozensynapse.com/altservers.html

No alternate servers!
  • Ok, epic fail already! Of course I didn't learn my lesson. Add this shit to the list of indie games with networking that doesn't fucking work.

You can't request an account or connect to the game server because it is fail. They tell you to enter an alternate server. Oh, but guess what!

http://www.frozensynapse.com/altservers.html

No alternate servers!
    Here.
  • Shit. i was looking forward to actually playing this when I got home - Not fscking around with "alternate servers" and the like. I pre-ordered it on a whim a while back, and haven't even downloaded it before now. It's great that it got so popular so fast, but freaking learn to scale, people.
  • I suuuuuuuuuck.
  • I suuuuuuuuuck.
    I've managed to win two skirmish games in a row. Control the red guys during the planning phase to see how effective your tactics are, planning for every outcome.
  • I suuuuuuuuuck.
    I've managed to win two skirmish games in a row. Control the red guys during the planning phase to see how effective your tactics are, planning for every outcome.
    There are effectively infinity outcomes to plan for!
  • edited May 2011
    There are effectively infinity outcomes to plan for!
    Thankfully it's a TBS game, so you have all day to use your noggin. That is, as long as you're not fighting men with bazookas. Then you have no idea what suicidal shit they'll pull.
    Post edited by Nine Boomer on
  • Ok, so now the default and alternative servers are not working. WHAT THE FUCK. You just put your game on Steam, why can't you keep a server up!
  • Ok, so now the default and alternative servers are not working. WHAT THE FUCK. You just put your game on Steam, why can't you keep a server up!
    This game has had multiplayer working for a long time, at least back when I played it a year and two weeks ago. Just don't get your panties in a twist while the initial spike of people playing dies down. Some people have already played 800 games so it's not like the multiplayer component is going to vanish because no one is playing.
  • It's back up.
  • edited February 2013
    Seeing as how I can now play this on my laptop via lin00x Steam, I'm playing games again. Challenge me (WaterIsPoison on Texas server)!
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Anyone played Frozen Synapse Prime? Is it just more Frozen Synapse? It's in the Humble Bundle right now.
  • It's actually the same game, just with a new UI. Seems to be quite a bit faster too, but whatever. Skip it if you already have the original.