This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Should I go out of my way to play Crystal Chronicles properly?

edited June 2011 in Video Games
I recently saw the Gamecube game known as Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for £8, I purchased it because I'd heard a lot of talk about its multiplayer gba hookuppery and it always seemed like something I'd never get to enjoy properly when it came out, but now that I'm an adult maybe that's not the case.

I already own one gba and the required link cable. My girlfriend said she'd play it with me, and I have a couple of friends who I'm sure would be willing to go on this magical journey too. Is it worth it to buy some gbas from ebay and just go hog wild? Will it really fill the hole I've had in my soul since I saw the vgcats comic or the penny arcade strip? Or am I just setting myself up for inevitable disappointment and buyer's remorse?

Comments

• It's a good game. Both CC and Four Swords are worth getting the whole GBA/Gamecube set-up .
  • CC is a tad bit difficult to play with 2 than 4 player. It' still a great game. There is a way to get 100,000 gil in the story if you follow certain things. I remember reading about it in a strategy guide.

Also Lilties are beasts! Turnip beasts at that.
  • edited June 2011
    Okay! I'll do it!

One more question: I have a spare gamecube and tv lying around, if I can get a gamecube player for around the same price as a gba do you think i should? I think that would probably be wicked cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zivqno6zWLY
    Post edited by Ganty on