This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Repainting Action Figure (Duke Nukem)

edited June 2011 in Everything Else
Does anyone have any tips as to going about repainting this so he looks like he does in Duke Nukem Forever
I basically want to know if this is possible, what kind of paint to use, and any other helpful or useful tips you may have if you have done this before.

Comments

• any other helpful or useful tips you may have if you have done this before.
    Thin your paints.
  • Thanks. once I can get to the store I will try this show/tell you how it went.

Wish me luck.
  • Also, you're going to have to prime it with spray paint first. I'd go with Krylon grey primer. No promises on paint binding to it properly, though.
  • edited June 2011
    If you have access to a airbrush use it, spay cans spray paint on too thick for an action figure, if all fails, paint brushes.

Process = disassemble>sand with really fine grit>primer>LET DRY OVERNIGHT>paint>LET DRY OVERNIGHT (or 2 days better)>varnish>LET DRY OVERNIGHT>reassemble

Keep the paint as thin as you can.

If you are painting different colors in a same piece, let the paint cure at least one night, (I'd say two depending on the paint) before applying the next color on top.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on