This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fray

edited July 2011 in Video Games
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/07/01/fever-fray-first-fray-screens-interview/

Frozen Synapse + X-Com made with Unity. Looks like a winner so far.

Comments

• Both games are however quite different in flavor, as we had decided on many different design choices in Fray prior to hearing about them, such as different character classes, a persistent evolution system for your team, more akin to an RPG, with XP, levels, weapon and equipment unlocks that allow players to fine-tune their team as they progress in the game, players will focus on one game at a time rather than multiple games at once as in Frozen Synapse, and our rounds are timed, forcing players to make quick decisions, similar to what they would do in an RTS or an action game.
    That kinda worries me.
  • That kinda worries me.
    Rym has to hate it now, or be a hypocrite.
  • Both games are however quite different in flavor, as we had decided on many different design choices in Fray prior to hearing about them, such as different character classes, a persistent evolution system for your team, more akin to an RPG, with XP, levels, weapon and equipment unlocks that allow players to fine-tune their team as they progress in the game, players will focus on one game at a time rather than multiple games at once as in Frozen Synapse, and our rounds are timed, forcing players to make quick decisions, similar to what they would do in an RTS or an action game.
    That kinda worries me.
    Shit, didn't see that there.