This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

New@StudioCATCH!

edited July 2011 in Art!
Hello everyone!

I just updated my site with some new work, and since I'm new here, you might not know what I'm about, so why not head over to http://studio-catch.com and check out some of my animation work? Have fun!

Ré

PS: Sorry if I made anyone loose their shit. If you guys wanna ban me from the forum, fine. I didn't know how crazy it was over here.

Comments

• Hello everyone!
    Useless paragraph of shit. You already introduced yourself, no need to be redundant.
    I just updated my site with some new work
    Wrong place. You should be posting that comment to your site, so people that visit it will see it and check out whatever you put up.
    since I'm new here
    Who cares. Another face in the crowd. New people are a dime a dozen, it's not like Scrym will stop advertising themselves wherever they hang (their cocks) out.
    you might not know what I'm about
    I don't know what most of the fuck's here what they're about. I don't really know how a human being can be about something. A lecture, sure, but a human? I'm not smart enough to follow that derailing train of thought, not to mention, you're over halfway through your teeny-tiny post of nothing and have said even less.
    so why head over to
    No thanks. I'm going to fucking bed after this is over.
    http://studio-catch.com
    Hello, welcome to the internet. The place where we use hypertext referrers put in anchors to make it easy and quick for people to go around from site to site, page to page, and from cats to shit back to cats. Because fuck this. I mean, 'shit', not this obviously.
    check out some of my animation work?
    No tha-oh! Wait, that's a question. Let me backtrack a bit... "So why head over to check out some of my animation work?" Oh, explanation as to why I should be changing direction at these crossroads to whatever digital whorehouse you pay for and where you showcase said whores.
    Have fun!
    What? That doesn't explain why I should head over to check out some of you animation work at all! This isn't telling me anything at fucking all. Not what I should expect, not why I should go look, not a single shred of self-advertisement that will interest me. Do you know English? Have you had English lessons? Do you understand what you've written? Do you then understand what my confusion is about? If you do understand all that, then why are you on these forums? No, we don't want more pigle--nowait, we do want more piglets. More food for the feast. I'll start up the grinder.
    Ré
    Posted By: studiocatch
    Ré
    Ré
    Ré
    Ré
    WHAT? What the blistering dog-cunt does that even mean? It's not your fucking username, so you're not one of those dumb cunts that starts and ends their posts with their username (newsflash to those dumb cunts, WE FUCKING KNOW YOU POSTED IT. THAT'S WHY THE FORUM PUTS YOUR USERNAME ON TOP OF YOUR FUCKING POST YOU TWO-INCH DEEP SHITHOLES, NO NEED TO WRITE IT DOWN AGAIN AS IF YOU'RE WRITING ON FUCKING PAPER. FUCK OFF WITH THE BULLSHIT FAUX FORMALITY, THIS IS THE FUCKING INTERNET. THE ONLY FORMAL THING THAT WE HAVE HERE IS TO WEAR YOUR MASK AND VOICE YOUR MIND [ALSO PRAISE THE GOD EMPEROR OF CATKIND, PRAISE!] SO SOD OFF WITH THAT SHIT WILL YA), it is also not your real name since that's "Régis", instead it's even worse. It's your self-assigned 'nickname' when you chose to use something entirely different as your nickname on a forum where you could've just signed up with your preferred nickname instead of the one you actually signed up with. And then you go and be even worse than those dumb cunts mentioned in those parenthesis just before this. You didn't do that shit in your first post. Why the fuck now? Have you shat yourself lately or something? Anything at all indicating you've suffered brain damage since your previous post? Just asking because it would be worrying to see young people so suddenly going full retar--oh. I forgot this was the internet. Carry on RE:Braindamage.
  • Normally, I would be against this picking apart, but since it's an account seemingly made for just spreading their link, woot.
  • made for just spreading their link
    I'm actually on the fence on that one. But better to be on the safe side I thought.
  • Wait, what? So, I can't just post links to my work on the forum that says I can? Sorry to have given you a heart attack Air Co. Well, Rym and Scott allowed me to be a part of this forum, but I guess I've been shunned out before I even started... Sigh... well, thanks for the support.
  • edited July 2011
    It's kind of poor internet etiquette to self-promote when you haven't really participated in the forum itself very much. It makes it seem like you are only here to sell yourself rather than contribute to the discussion. Besides, we have "post your art"-type threads and threads about animation and such. You probably wouldn't have received any negativity if you had posted your link in one of those places instead.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Okay, I normally wouldn't insist on this, but I did choose the "art" category before posting. So, what am I doing wrong? Seriously, I'd love to know. (And okay, I made a small grammatical error, I admit it.)
  • That's just their friendly way of saying "Hi there mate!"
  • Oh is he Australian? Do I have to get to know everyone before posting on this forum? Will there be a test at the end of the week? Well, I guess I'll give this another try. And I thought I gave some of my thoughts on another thread on anime recently. In fact it was in response to the latest Geeknights anime based podcast. Is that enough? How much forum participation do I need before I can just tell people that "hey! I have a website with things that might interest you;" Otherwise, would I really be posting it here? I'm not as dumb as I may seem...
  • Okay, I normally wouldn't insist on this, but I did choose the "art" category before posting. So, what am I doing wrong? Seriously, I'd love to know. (And okay, I made a small grammatical error, I admit it.)
    Yeah, Sail kinda nailed it. We're happy for people in the community to plug their stuff, but you gotta participate in the community some first. It's not like your work is bad, you just inadvertently jumped the gun a little.
  • edited July 2011
    I can't just post links to my work
    Sure you can. If you bothered doing so. You however didn't, so it's a moot point. And it's not like you cannot link to your own stuff when you introduce yourself as "I am [your mom] and I do things like [your mom] in this corner of the internet."
    (And okay, I made a small grammatical error, I admit it.)
    You admit to breaking the RUUUUURUUUUUUS? Le gasp. Don't do that. You know how it says you get a court martial in the rules and hints thread? You don't. Like enforcing the rules, enforcing that piece of etiquette is too much of a bother to the rulers of this godforsaken place on the internet. Admitting you're breaking rules just gives reason for banisment.
    Do I have to get to know everyone before posting on this forum?
    It wouldn't hurt. Hell, lurk more is always good advice.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Oh is he Australian? Do I have to get to know everyone before posting on this forum? Will there be a test at the end of the week? Well, I guess I'll give this another try. And I thought I gave some of my thoughts on another thread on anime recently. In fact it was in response to the latest Geeknights anime based podcast. Is that enough? How much forum participation do I need before I can just tell people that "hey! I have a website with things that might interest you;" Otherwise, would I really be posting it here? I'm not as dumb as I may seem...
    No, he's not. I am, though. Hi there. Chill out, man, it's fine. Just hang out, get to know us - the in friendly sense, of course, no pressure - and all will be chill. Going by your website, you'll fit in here pretty well, in all honesty.
  • Air Co. can be a bit catty at times.
  • edited July 2011
    At times does not exclude that it is ALL times, so I suppose that bit is right.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Sonic was commenting about amplitude, not frequency ^_~
  • Air Co. can be a bit catty at times.
    He is my catboy Nineless after all.
  • edited July 2011
    It doesn't seem like the account was made solely for self-promotion, since it's been two weeks since he joined the forum, and his first couple of posts shared a fair amount of unnecessary information.

I can't say the tone of Nineless' response was warranted (it never is), but most of his points were on target. Posting something like this as your 7th post would be a bad idea no matter where you went, because, as Sail said, it makes you look like you're not really here to participate in the forum. Not using a hyperlink is also rather a fail.

Mind you, we've got nothing against shameless self-promotion. This forum is founded on Scrym's shameless self-promotion, after all.

So, let's all chill out, while to our mutual regret Nineless will quite likely get banned again.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Air Co. is a cat.