This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Who uses Youtube well?

edited July 2011 in Technology
I am creating this thread after watching some Indian Premier League cricket on Youtube. Here in the United States, it is almost impossible to watch cricket, and I would have absolutely no exposure to the sport except for this and the very few games that are streamed on ESPN 3. I then went and searched for all of the major sports I could think of in their most generic terms. I searched for "baseball" not "MLB," as an example. The only sport aside from cricket where I could find anything official looking in the top results was hockey, where the NHL's channel is easy to find. Long time Geeknights fans might also recall the year that the NHL posted full games on Google video. Indycar also has a good, easy to find Youtube channel with classic races and clips of the current season, but you don't find it unless you search specifically for Indycar. The other "sport" that uses Youtube well is pro wrestling, where WWE posts every TV show they produce of real, live content aside from their flagship show, Raw. Impact Wrestling posts full matches and clips as well, though they favor clips. New Japan Pro Wrestling is putting up full matches from house shows that would otherwise be unseen unless you were there live as well as highlights from their 35 or so year long history. There are also many independent wrestling groups posting their shows on Youtube either to widen the exposure for their TV show or in lieu of trying to get local TV. I'd be interested in hearing opinions on this as well as links to other professional and semi professional groups that are using Youtube well in an official capacity. Can we find trends among organizations who happen to use Youtube well, or is it random dumb luck? For example, if the Hub officially put all of MLP: FiM on Youtube on their channel, that would count, but not the fact that the show is all over Youtube.
Here are the links to the groups mentioned(and one indy wrestling promotion as an example of that)
Indian Premier League Cricket go to past matches under playlists to see the full matches
NHL
Indycar
WWE
Impact Wrestling
New Japan Pro Wrestling
and here is our indy wrestling representative All Pro Wrestling

Comments

• The Muppets have made amazing use of Youtube, showing that they still "got it" and building high expectations for their upcoming movie.
  • edited July 2011
    The Muppets have made amazing use of Youtube, showing that they still "got it" and building high expectations for their upcoming movie.
    Gotta give respect to the guys doing the hands for Dr Teeth and Rolf, Playing piano in felt-fuzz gloves like that is really goddamn hard.

Also, watch trailer.
    Post edited by Churba on